1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi region Blu Ray player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by mancislan, Oct 31, 2013.

1. mancislan

mancislan Regular member

Hello,
    I have a PS3 and a regular Blu Ray player. I'm planning on getting a multi region blu ray player that can play everything (PAL, NTSC, etc).
    Does anyone have any advice on what to get and where to get it?
    Thanks!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If the bluray player you have now is capable of playing movies from an external device including a ripped movie structure from a bluray disc then a better option is get a blurary dvd writer for the computer otherwise you'll be stuck with another device for the mantle piece,if your looking for portability of the player then another option is a slim or form factor type pc or if it's no issue just use your current pc as a media centre instead or you could just stream from pc to current bluray or the ps3 once you have a bluray burner,well its a thought

dvd rippers:
    dvdfab hd decrypter
    anydvd

edit: the idea is use a ripper this will negate the need for region free player you won't even need to set the dvd burner to a region either if using the right ripping software or just go visit brrip.eu hehehehe

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i actually unlocked my dvd player using instructions from a website.Think blu ray players can also be unlocked, try this site . if they don't have your blu ray player listed try a google search.

4. mancislan

mancislan Regular member

Thanks for the information!
    I like your idea, scorpNZ! But I actually want to put the new player in a room where there's no bluray player yet, so I do need another player.
    Cheers!