1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multimedia Audio Controller issues!!!!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by shacj, Jan 27, 2008.

1. shacj

shacj Member

I just did a fresh install of Win XP w/SP2 on a Dell Dimension 8100 I was given. I installed my Radeon All-In-Wonder, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum, and a Linksys Wireless card into this tower also. I am not getting sound at all, the device manager is telling me there's an issue with my multimedia audio controllers so i tried to update the drivers and it keeps asking me for a Creative isntaller disk. I don't have the original Audigy disks but i did get updated drivers from creativelabs.com. After some trial and error I was able to locate the files setup was asking for but I don't think they were right because after installation it tells me that "driver is not intended for this platform" PLEASE help what am I doing wrong??

2. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

are you sure you chose to download the correct driver? on the downloads section: sound blaster -> audigy -> audigy 2 platinum

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

and your 100% sure its sound blaster audigy 2 platinum?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Be advised that you MUST keep the CDs for Creative products. You can get a basic functionality driver from them, but even if you bought the product retail the rest of the software you have to pay for so they can ship you a replacement CD, they do not offer the premium software on their website.