1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple burners on one computer

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by slater84, Nov 15, 2004.

1. slater84

slater84 Member

Hey,,

ive just got a dvd-rw drive back from repair and want to fit it to my computer as well as the one i baught to replace it, so i will have:

DVD-Rom
    DVD-RW
    DVD-RW

All in one computer,, has antone else done this? will it be straight forward? also can i use nero to burn two copies at the same time.

cheers,
    slater

2. jpc00

jpc00 Guest

Hey Slater,

I don't think it will be a problem having three DVD drives on your system, as long as you have the necessary IDE channels available and configure the Master/Slave settings correctly. (I'm assuming that all 3 are internal IDE/ATAPI drives). This might help a little:

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/conf.htm

As far as burning 2 copies at once, I have read on other posts here that when burning you should have as few other things going on as possible. You could experiment once you get everything in place, but I would think at the very least you would need a LOT of memory to run 2 video intense programs at once.

Hope I helped a little

3. karatone

karatone Regular member

On my main pc I'm running two Pioneer 107 recorders and a Lite on DVD rom for reading and have had no problems. As said on the previous post as long as you have the proper cables and aval. IDE channels you'll be fine. As far as being able to record on two drives I'm assuming you're talking about the two drives recording the same project, with Discjuggler I've been able to burn my CD+G discs simultaneously but i haven't tried dvd back-ups yet. I'll give it a try and let you know .

4. pjhlee

pjhlee Member

this may be overly conservative on the part of sony, but i bought their dru-700a to be the master to my slave pioneer a04. after a support call to them, they claim that i am not allowed to have two burners on my desktop or it will cause problems. i have to wonder if it's just overly conservative of them???

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

As stated before, there shouldn't be any problem running 2 burners on a system as long as you have the space and connectors to do so.I don't know where Sony came up with that story. The only other problem I have heard of is with the use of 2 drives made by the same company. In some systems they will conflict with each other if installed on the same IDE cable as Master and Slave. If you install them on different IDE cables the problem usually goes away. Hope this helps some.

Jerry

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004