1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple burners?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Juhnny, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Juhnny

Juhnny Member

I would like to put another burner in my comp so I can burn multiple dvds at once. I use NERO to burn but does NERO allow you to burn to more than one burner at a time? My comp is pretty stacked so I am not concerned with performance issues. I would rather not have to go spend $500+ for a dvd duplicator if I can just throw in another burner for under $100 in my comp.

thanks,

2. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

Juhnny, I've read that this can be done; but, I have no experience doing it; I have an extra Plextor 712SA that I want to hook up to a SATA port on the mobo and do some benchmarks with the 2 drives; ie: compare burn times from EIDE vs SATA interfaces; it will be interesting. Have fun and give it a try. It should work. Let us know.

3. Needakip

Needakip Regular member

I have nero and 2 burners, it wont let me do it. You have to sellect one or the other.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You can burn to more than one optical in Roxio EMC7, but the opticals have to be set to the same speed, and the media has to be the same size.

5. DMzone

DMzone Guest

I have a two burners and I can have had one ripping and the other burning with no problems. That said I have 3 hard drives and 1gb of ram. I am not sure though but I think I have burned 2 movies at once.

6. DMzone

DMzone Guest

One more thing you have to use nero and another program like clone dvd or dvd decrypter to burn 2 movies at the same time.

7. Juhnny

Juhnny Member

Can't you just open another session of Nero and burn that way or do you need to run two different burning programs to do it?

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Nope and trying to burn using two different apps at the same time is beyond stupid. Also your PC isn't as "stacked" as you think - 512MB of RAM is on the lean side for what you're wanting to do.

Trying to burn two discs concurrently is a great way to stack up coasters so if this is what you want to do then,

- Get another 512MB RAM.

- Get Alcohol 120% which will allow you to burn to two drives.

- Get another burner of the exact same make/model and update both to the same firmware. You'll also need to put them on separate IDE's preferably both Master.

- Burn slow.

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

My nero will use multiple burners, depends on which version you have. You have to have the same models & firmware.