1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Burns With DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rwinegar, Jan 3, 2005.

1. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

New guy here.

I am using DVD shrink in conjunction with Nero Ultra version 6X to backup my DVD movies. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to make a second copy without going through the entire ripping process all over again. How do I point Nero to the ripped files to make multiple copies. So far all I've succeeded doing is producing errors.

Thanks.

2. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Why not just choose DVD Copy from the Wizard in Nero, make sure you load Nero and not one of the other bits that just basically adds a fancy menu.

Another thing you can do, is because it is not recommended to record on the fly an image file will be put on your Hard Drive when copying from DVD to DVD.

So why not just rip the disc in DVD Decrypter and then burn it, will still take the same amount of time to burn.

Hope that makes sense

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  3. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

DVD Shrink finds the ripped files and Nero automatically burns the backup. How do get Nero do do the same thing a second time?

Maven 1975, your suggestions do not answer my question.

4. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Well the ripped files must be on your Hard Drive somewhere, all you need to do is locate them and then follow as i said.

Why not just get DVD Shrink to rip to an ISO then you can make as many copies as you want (By just loading the ISO into DVD Decrypter)

5. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

I'll try this one more time.

When DVD Shrink is finished ripping the DVD to my hard drive Nero automatically burns the backup. This burn process takes a little less than 6 minutes. How do I make Nero do it again? I am not interested in making copies of the burned disk. I simply want Nero do do it's thing twice instead of once.

6. bigcee

bigcee Member

I have a frustrating problem! Everytime after I encode the disc it always says insert a recordable disc. What is going on with this part of the program? The disc is already in the drive and have not been recorded on am I using the right disc or what am I doing wrong. When I first started with dvd shrink 3.2 I never had this problem and now I do. Please I need help.....lol

7. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

[bold]rwinegar[/bold]

It sounds like then that the files are deleted automatically afetr burning thats why you can not find them.

But im stumpted as to why you want to do it again ?, are you saying you dont want another copy, im a little confused as to what you are wanting to do.

[bold]bigcee[/bold]

Why not just change the option so that you create an ISO as opposed to burning straight to disc, this is better as at least you can check your disc before burning.

8. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

This will be my absolute last on this subject.

I know where the ripped files are. I mean how can I not know where they are? I am the one who created the folder and directed that the rips be placed there. This is in very plain English - how do I tell Nero to repeat it's action of burning those files to a DVDR? It takes place in an instant when DVD Shrink finishes decoding. Where in Nero do I do it again and how? All I want to do is make two backups instaed of one without ripping all over again.

Can someone who understands plain English please respond. Obviously maven 1975 cannot.

Bibcee, stop trying to steal my post. If you have a question start another thread.

9. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

When you enable burning with nero and shrink,I dont think you can do more than 1 copy.But after shrink, and nero, are done. You can open up nero, and choose nero express, and click add files, or just drag and drop the folder in the bottom pane of nero express.After that you can choose as many copies as youd like.
    You can also do this with nero burning rom using this guide:http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php

10. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

Thanks jim_dandy. Thats what I was looking for. I will try it tonight after I get home from work.

11. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

The Nero Express thing didn't work, but here is what did work. I went to Nero and selected DVD-Video. Then in the browser window I found the shrinked files. I highlighted them and dragged them to the red VIDEO_TS folder. Then I burned them. This works real well to make multiple copies from a single copy made by DVD Shrink. Let DVD Shrink made the first copy and use this method to make additional copies.

12. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Ok,well im glad you got it figured out,nero express shouldve worked, unless its not part of your software package.
    What you described, that you did, was pretty much what that link shows you to do.
    blaze on
    jim