1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Computer Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mmalyszko, Mar 29, 2005.

1. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

Recently i disconnected my 2 optical drives from the power supply to see if the game SRS would work but it didnt, then i plugged them back in and my FX 5200 PCI card wouldnt work, so i unplugged the optical drives, still nothin, then i left it off for like a half hour, it worked with the optical drives plugged in, but it needed a restart, so i did, and it wouldnt work again, im guessing its a power supply failure because the VGA card works in my old system, how do i know cause i tried it out that same day, by the way my system has been running 24/7 for the past 2-3 months since i built it, it has been restarted every 1 or 2 days to clear the cache and ram so i could work on clean ram, i can still turn on my system, all 10 fans work including the case fans and MOBO fans, all HDD work, all LED's work, optical drives too, just this VGA card, WTF (pardon my language) is going on guys, i need help really fast and soon and any suggestions, i have a 500 WATT PSU, a 20 pin main power cable with a 24 pin converter, 1GB ram, a AMD 3500+ 64, a A8N SLI DElUXE MOBO... theres more info if u need it
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try another psu just to power the board & videocard but no drives

3. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

cant i just use my new one with no ide drives and fans or do i have to use the old one, u know what ill do both any more suggestions would be nice

4. ddp

try both than add 1 device at a time til not post

5. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

which hardware should i start out with the fans or the ide drives.

6. ddp

leave all fans except cpu & video card off 1st so as to try ide as unlikely is a fan problem. reseat all cards, ram & both power & data cables