1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple ipods

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by zenarrrow, Feb 11, 2007.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I have an 80 gb ipod with about 37 gb full around 7000 songs or so. My daughter just got a 4 gb ipod and wants to use this pc as well. I will have her go through her own user name, will itunes set up a new untapped library? Also if it goes through and does a search of my music files on the pc it will be way too much. Also what happens if she accidently plugs it in while on my user name and my itunes? Am I over reaccting here? Just want to play it safe, Thanks >>>---Zen---->

2. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I would upload all of her music and your music into the library regardless of the username, then create a playlist for you and your daughter, and have your iPods only upload the selected playlists!

3. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Thanks for the reply, how do I set it up so that her ipod would only upload her playlist's? Thanks,

4. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

when you plug in the iPod, once it is seen in iTunes click th music tab, and then check the box that says only update selected playlists!

5. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

When I click the music tab it just shows all my songs, my library.