1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple problems with fixing error 16 on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by mayday295, Feb 13, 2011.

1. mayday295

mayday295 Member

First of all I can't get error 12, only error 11, I have tried disconnecting the power, and ide from dvd drive, etc. I also notice there is no microsoft log under the xbox boot screen if that matters...

My second problem would be this, I unplugged both dvd drives in my computer, so there are only two ide cables. One is hooked to computer HDD, and the other is free not hooked to anything. I get to error code 11, and then I continued with the guide (unplugging xbox HDD ide cable, and then plugging in computer cable to xbox hdd. When I do this my PC freezes, and is unresponsive until I shut it down. I noticed no one else was having this problem, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Note: I was following this guide here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/583612

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

some pc's don't like having hardware hotplugged.. try xboxhdm v. whatever as your hotplug thing on the pc.. it's way more stable than windoze...

3. mayday295

mayday295 Member

Ok then I should continue with this error 16 fix or the whole hdm fix guide? Or does it matter? Also is error 11 a problem?