1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Remote Desktop Sessions at once........Is it Possible?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Pheonixx, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Pheonixx

Pheonixx Member

Me and one of my friends have a dedicated server with root logon and we are splitting it half and half but we ran into a small problem it logs me off when he signs in and vice versa is there a way to disable that feature with remote desktop or what. We are wanting it to where we can be signed in at the same time so we can do our work on the server. And we want to stay away from realvnc. it has windows 2003 server edition on it with all current service packs.

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

as far as i know you can only have one remote desktop user at a time. i know you said you wanted to avoid real vnc but if you want something more secure try tight vnc

3. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

Windows 2003 server edition Should by all rights allow multiple remote connections.. if you are logged on as the user that remotes in. your screen goes black.. what you need to do. is create your friend another user account WITH a password then shoot him the details and try that. It should work tho by all rights

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

5. Pheonixx

Pheonixx Member

thanks man i really appreciate it