1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Tracks in WMP11 and ZenVisionM

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by OneTiger, Mar 22, 2007.

1. OneTiger

OneTiger Member

I am having a slight meltdown trying to get rid of multiple tracks on both WMP11 and my new ZenVisionM. I now have wma and mp3 of the same music tracks and now those are doubled. No matter whether I choose not to sync automatically or not it still automatically loads my zen. What is the best way to go about fixing this issue? I tried deleting all wma tracks after making them mp3s but then they just disappear entirely from the library. Or it makes them disasociated mp3s and I have to go through and put in the album info for each song. I'm going nuts. I know I'm a noob at this but OMG! I'm totally ready to just clean out my computer of music and start over. But not sure how to even do that!!!! I do have the entire music library on my zen now (in triplet) so that is a real option.

I also have read some good things about media monkey but don't want so many music programs on my computer. Is it at all a possibility to completely get WMP out of my computer! It seems it's so integrated that I'd never get rid of it all.
    HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!! :)

(i also posted this in the win softwre section not sure which is apropriate)

2. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Have you updated your firmware? I don't use WMP, I use winamp or the software that came with the player. I prefer winamp overall. If that doesn't help try asking at epizenter.net

3. OneTiger

OneTiger Member

No I haven't. I'll try that first. I'll go take a look at winamp. After this I'm done w/ WMP.
    Thanks

4. OneTiger

OneTiger Member

Well, I updated my firmware and it didn't change a thing with the multiple tracks. Now it just seems to be missing songs in certain albums. Not really sure why that is. It'll have 2-8 in an album and no number one <shrug>. I didn't find much on my problem on epizenter but it is a great site so thanks for the link. I am thinking my problem is really with the WMP11 not the zen. So I'm going to work on it from that angle for now. Thanks anyway for your help :)

5. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

I would also suggest you try the forums over creative.com too.

6. OneTiger

OneTiger Member

I had found them yesterday thanks! and it seems that this is common glitch with the vision m. You have to only transfer music by dragging and dropping into the zen directly or via the zen media explorer but not with WMP or thier awful software media source. So once i get my media player cleared up I'll just format my zen and start all over. <sigh> what a mess.......lol. It has to do with the zen saving files as a playlist and then directly in the all music section from the two different programs. Hopefully creative will update and fix this little glitch. But til then I learned my lesson the hard way......thanks for the help and suggestions. :)