1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple TV tuner Cards

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by bobiroc, Mar 19, 2004.

1. bobiroc

bobiroc Member

I was wondering if it is possible to install muliple TV tuner cards in a computer to receive and brodcast multiple channels through a network. The school district that I work for is looking to broadcast news and emergency stations (probably 4 different ones) through the network onto computers in our school. we've successfully done one station using an ATI tuner card, but they would like to do more than one station.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well It might be Possible to Capture more than one TV station if you used 2 different Cards and 2 Different Software programs at the same time But there are Many Inherant problems with what you are trying to Do Of which not the least is that your Sound Card can not handle all these seperate audio streams as Most Cards do not have More than Maybe 1 or 2 Inputs...What Might work OK is if you got a Survailance Card which can capture up to 8+ from different sources and display them all at the same time on your screen in seperate windows but you would still have problems with the audio...
    For what you want to do the Video you want to transmit has to Be streamed so you would Have to use Cards Like the Osprey 1000 or a Digital Streaming system :
    http://www.viewcast.com/products01.html
    That sight I just Posted Sells the Hardware for exactly what you want to do But it isn"t Cheap and can not be Done with a Bunch of TV Tuner Cards...Well Good Luck