1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music downloads

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by durkinjt, May 6, 2012.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

Are there any download programs left like Limewire to download music legally? I love old music and cannot find any.
    Thanks

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Yes they have Frostwire and a few others but it isn't legal.You can use a Youtube downloader and it will remove the MP3 from the video where you can save it to your hard drive.There are some free ones that you can dowload from Afterdawn.I personally use the one in the first link because you don't have to install it.All you have to do is copy and paste the URL from youtube and it will convert it to an MP3.

http://flv2mp3.com/

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/search/results.cfm?q=Youtube+downloader

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. Mez

Mez Active member

None are legal. However there is practically no way they can police anything that isn't P2P like Limewire of Frostwire. I don't even think they are policing them all that hard they are still squeezing the life out of free torrents.

4. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

Addict?

5. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

I also use youtube sometimes if I can't find it on torrent. I could care less about it being illegal. It's not the same as physically stealling something. The world has gone digital, message to RIAA & MPAA; kiss my ass.

6. Mez

Mez Active member

Well Mike, depending on where you live and what you download you might have to kiss their ass.

First it was games and now they do it with new movies. They hire mercenary hackers who download movies they protect from torrents. Their app logs all the IP addresses they get data from and turn the data over to their masters who give it to their team of lawyers. They will settle out of court for 2-4 grand/download. As long as they don't get greedy like the RIAA they will continue to make money hand over fist. They have figured out how to get probable cause legally.

Even though I never downloaded games or movies. I mostly got rare old (1880-1970) vinyl/wax captures and other music not legally available like Asian and African music. I figured I would quit while I was ahead a few yrs ago.