1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musicmatch cddb

Discussion in 'Audio' started by pieman, Feb 8, 2009.

1. pieman

pieman Regular member

Hi Guys, i know that this is a long shot but....ever since mm was flogged to yahoo and then ditched, the cd lookup facility is buggered (obviously).Is there any way I can link mm withanother cd lookup facility such as gracenote?
    thanks

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Can't you just point it to freedb?

3. pieman

pieman Regular member

Hi Olyteddy, how do i point it?

thanks

4. Mez

Mez Active member

What are you trying to do?

If you are just trying to rip CDs why not use EAC? You can get a free version and I am sure it is better than MM. It is one of the best rippers and way better than any ripper inside an audio manager app. It uses Freedb.

5. pieman

pieman Regular member

Hi Mez, im trying to get musicmatch somehow to connect to a cddb, as mm is not supported anymore.Im just sick of manually inputting track details.But thanks for the recco, ill try eac!

6. Mez

Mez Active member

I would try using EAC to rip. You ought to check out the apps that put it under. Both have shareware versions that are very good. Media Monkey and WinAmp are wonderful audio managers and will rip but I wouldn't trust them to rip for me.

If you are real lazy like me you could also try PowerAmp Converter. That is a paid for app. You can try it for 30 days free. However, you get a subscription to a paid for database. Freedb only has less then 1 in 4 albums I tried to find. That database has about 99 out of 100. It even had an Indi disk that was burned. The label looked professional but it was a burned disk. It also is smart enough to tag the artists with the right name in album with multiple artists. Maybe Free BD can do that; I don't know.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  7. pieman

pieman Regular member

Hi.Thanks for that.Ive several options now tp try.I downloaded EAC but found that as you said only hits about one in four using the cddb.It also bombarded me with nag screens!I dont mind paying for a prog, im a firm believer in you get what you pay for, so ill give poweramp a go.Thanks again

8. Mez

Mez Active member

Actually it is dbPowerAmp Concerter

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

This is all I have used for 2.5 years. I intend to go to EAC but if it spams me I will continue to pay for PA. The interface is completely graphic so you need not use a command line prompt for your encoders. The converter is fantastic. Again I use that heavily and have yet had a problem with it.

9. pieman

pieman Regular member

thanks for that