1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mutv?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by barry84, Mar 9, 2009.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Evening ;) Lots of threads on the same thing, I see it has really cleaned up here.......... not. Sorry been a bit busy of late and just catching up.

Set 2 is still N1. But others have changed although The Box music channel has never been gone. I do see that there have been some quite choice posts by some new members, (anyone hazard to guess where these boys come from ).

It is not fully N3 if the stream is interpreted correctly its missing N1 but not N2 ;) However it was said a very long time ago what would/would not happen.

Now I await the flood of I "told you so" posts. One thing I will say is conjecture is not the best approach, although I am taking up knitting, read into that what you will.

Kuldelski are the ones who have insured this and lets say it was, is and has always been the case. As I said all that has been posted here and elsewhere is just that posts, there will never be anything of consequence worth reading on an open forum in relation to a fix during an encryption migration........its not rocket science to figure that one out.

Channels will drop bit by bit, I for one quite like the change of scenery I actually forgot I had kids for a while :)

Hope everyone is well here. Although nightmares of the UTD V Liverpool game gone and me running to the pub have me up:)

2. mikeyred

mikeyred Regular member

I know its a totally different system but, there would be a large number of T boxes around IRL, so whats going on with them.

3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi Mate yes nothing has changed you are quite right but at least we might get a life now for a bit until the rest of the channels slowly disappear from the screens

and yes it was always on the cards was only a matter of time and this time its on their side well for a bit anyway LOL and so the battle commences lol

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

They are outside the Nt* areas and are in the cho**S regions which have not been effected as of yet they will make sure 1 is complete first then start on no 2

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As said Ferg it makes a nice change :) As each channel goes there will be a multitude of posts.

Instead of Nagra 3 they should have used forum multiposts, we could never get around them :)

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ah well what can i say its unfortunate that Ireland is being the guinea pig for all this but i suppose the smaller the easier it containable where as if they got it wrong in the Uk there would be major problems so they sort over here first making sure its working right then pass to the Uk who will defo be next on the cards

and if this is hacked this time i just wonder where they will go from here as this is costing them and absolute fortune to implement here
    i dont think there will be any more money in the pot to start again ?? or will there i wonder

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I dont think Mr B has the money Ferg ;) We however have Liberty Global to thank for this :(

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

waiting game now so lets see there will be lots of posts tomorrow i bet after they switch their tv on and more are gone but their is life after tv thank god maybe even some normality

nice to hear from you anyway im away to my bed now so i will talk to you soon take care

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Same here Ferg long day so will say goodnight also ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

LOLo lo

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
  11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL I am gone this time I took that out just in case people do not realise I am joking :)

12. mikeyred

mikeyred Regular member

Scouser, you put me on the right track many times over the last year and a half or so, and as i said to you before i dont post much but read a lot and the amount of knowledge i have got from you and all the other senior and addict members makes me feel like i am now a Eurovox expert. As its now looking like the beginning of the end and this place is going to go mad and this will probably be my last post for a while (feel like crying) CHEERS and THANKS.

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

well you wont be on your own crying mate there will be a lot more with you on this so i would not unduly worry about it

14. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

God your all quite grim.

15. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

At least it's coming into the good weather, they could have done this in November and December, this gives us all a chance to get out and do a bit of gardening! ;)

Seriously we all knew it was going to happen, and at the end of the day, all it is is telly!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  16. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

all my setanta channels still up & running as of 09:50 this morning, you know my area fergusrb, on another point did'nt the guys behind the ITGATE boxes make a big deal telling everyone the that their boxes were N3 upgradable ! they are just another linux based box after all, getting back to setanta 2, it's teleshopping until 10:00 so lets see what happens when the sports start in a few mins,..2mins to go.
    ***UPDATE*** Setanta S2 still going strong at 10:55

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  17. cactikid

cactikid Active member

hi eva what are u doing next month,time for dating again as nothing worth watching on the box lol.
    poor scouser only finding his kids again.
    i think a run of people getting freesat and also signing up to sly might be on the cards.

18. troutalan

troutalan Regular member

Thanks to all you guys for your valuable help over the years. Fingers crossed theres some light at the end of the tunnel and be thankful for all the money we saved over the years... :) :)

19. ciskz

ciskz Guest

I set up a FreeSat HD system last week, just in time me thinks.

20. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

@cactikid, i don't do dating, my hubby wouldn't like it!

Might teach scouser how to knit though! ;)