1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX3 Problem

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Wheatleyrules, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Wheatleyrules

Wheatleyrules Newbie

Having problem, box freezes randomly on all apps and kodi, Pixelated screen and horrible screeching sound.....have to unplug everytime it happens.

2. piopat

piopat Active member

i dont know what the problem is for definate . it could be that the android firmware has become corrupt . firmware can be changed but you have to have the correct firmware for your model box . that said i dont know of any box (even with firmware issues ) that has displayed the problems you mention . that leads me to think that your problem may be a hardware problem , in which case you would probably be looking at a new box .

is the box still covered by warranty ? , if so my advice is contact the seller and ask for a replacement . if its not covered you could try changing the firmware , it may solve the problem .

3. Wheatleyrules

Wheatleyrules Newbie

Thanks for the reply. The MX3 has had this glitch since day 1, The guy it was bought through first blamed the hdmi cable, which is n/a to problem and then blamed apps he didnt put on it. It happened previous to any apps being added. He did some updates and now it has only encountered problem once since.

4. piopat

piopat Active member

well the hmi cable only connects the box to the tv for display purposes , there is no way i know of for a hdmi cable to cause a box to freeze .

a corrupt application could cause the box to freeze , thats not unreasonable . what did he update ? THE FIRMWARE ? .

or did he remove apps and re install newer versions ? . so is the box ok now ? as you say its only crashed once since ? , so maybe the problem is sorted then .