1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[MX9 BOX] My remote does nothing

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Rhys Claffey, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Rhys Claffey

Rhys Claffey Newbie

I am on the what I think is the main menu, the one with video, my recommend, etc with the addons and others on the bottom, you should know what I mean. I have the basic remote that came with it, similar to all of the others that you should know by now. Now, when I press any button, nothing happens, there's no response and I can't even move off of the screen or onto another panel/app, so I can't do anything, and can't set up the wifi with no remote, so I can't use the APP. I tried the weird holding in the TV power button/Set and going on from there but that method didn't work, but I see it everywhere! Please if anyone has a solution on how to get the remote working so I can use this box, I would appreciate the answer.
    Thanks,
    Rhys.

Vegas Tech Guy likes this.
  2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Vegas Tech Guy and Melody1 like this.
  3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

4. Uparoundthebend

Uparoundthebend Member

First box I had got sent back because remote wouldn't power it up. Make sure you havent pressed the mouse button putting remote into mouse mode though.

5. piopat

piopat Active member

test that the remote is definately working . get a moble phone with a camera in it . point the remote at the camera lens while looking at the camera screen , then press any button or buttons on the remote . all being well you should see a white flash on the camera screen coming from the remote control sensor . if you dont see that i would say either the batteries are gone or the remote is kaput . try the batteries first as it may be a quick fix . failing that contact the shop that sold you the box and ask for a replacement box .