1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem MXQ the media TV box from hell!

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by ashingtray, Sep 20, 2016.

1. ashingtray

ashingtray Newbie

I've got my MXQ for several months now, and I suspect that it's been hacked. If not, then it's a pretty shitty media box. I spent hours just trying to load an episode, going back and forwd apps like Megabox and Showbox, but to no avail, it keep lagging, sometimes it plays fine, most time it just wouldn't work at all. And it create loud beeps whenever it crash, almost blowing up my speakers, and the wifi keep going to one bar, where I've to quickly press Setting, and then click and unclick to reconnect the wifi so it will have internet connection again. Either this machine sucks, or somebody is playing with me, pissing me off, luring me into attempting to play the show over and over again, by letting me watch some, then disconnect me again, fusking hell, I'm so pissed I could kill that machine. Whoever it is, he/she has gotten me, gone mad for hours just trying to play one episode of a series, I've tried various ways to make the MXQ player work, but no, it's crap.

2. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Could be that your wireless connection isn't good enough, can you connect by Ethernet ?

3. ashingtray

ashingtray Newbie

My wifi is fine. My suspicion is that there are hackers who hack into android media player already and just screwing around with our information and hijacking the connection. The hacker enjoys seeing us annoyed with the media box. I notice that because whenever a climax scene, the streaming starts to fail. My other machine connected to the same wifi is fine, just only the MXQ media box. Then sometimes when the stream is stuck, it creates some kind of sound-beep through my speakers, the beeps I'm suspecting has a rhythm to it too... I dunno, I could be paranoid, but it does feel like somebody is messing around with my media box externally.

4. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Get an anti-virus program installed , see if it finds anything

5. ashingtray

ashingtray Newbie

anti-virus for Android? Please do recommend...

6. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Megabox and showbox are rubbish to watch films,boxsets etc use kodi , I think its a case your box is overloaded with useless apps that don't work properly , have two mxq boxes and they work great after been skinned down , a lot of people are buying boxes fully loaded and as I say they come with a lot of cr*p installed on them also best to go hardwire if possible , what speed is your Internet?........

7. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Avg is a good free antivirus and ccleaner is handy to have to clear out non essentials, Paulie is right in saying you should uninstall any apps you don't use or need . I don't use showbox or megabox , kodi has all you need

8. ashingtray

ashingtray Newbie

No man, it doesn't make sense when there are days it's smooth and there are days it's just crappy. Once it's crappy, all apps are crappy, even Kodi, Showbox, Mplayer, Megabox and any other app. I was so fed up, I succumbed back to downloading via torrent with my Mac, which the connection is back to normal. So I'm very highly suspicious it's the MXQ media box. I've researched in the internet and no one seems to be talking about it. But I'm certain eventually everyone will realize that these media boxes have been compromised, and hackers are using them as hubs to go into household to get information.

9. ashingtray

ashingtray Newbie

I use Kodi too, but there are days when Kodi's server runs so slow, and their non-HD files resolution are so bad. Megabox on the other hand, although I load a 360p file, it still seems more crispier than the SD links in KODI.

10. Isilva55

Isilva55 Newbie

Hi guys; my son gave me one these MXQ media box and it lasted no more then a couple months ,it's now bricked,what you expect for a 35 bucks box.

11. Isilva55

Isilva55 Newbie

Hi ;In order to get good HD 720/1080P video without or little buffering/freeze you have to have a TV Provider with payed service and at least the most important is internet speed minimum 12 Mbps of speed ,(i have 30Mbps )with only one Box/PC running at a time,also important you must clean cache , cause most Android boxes only have 32 GB max internal storage and when there is no storage the Box wont run properly,i'm just new to Android boxes just acquired 2 of them and i'm trying to learn ,i clean cache manually ,but i'm looking for an App that cleans cache automatically at start and turning off box.
    I forgot to say don't get these rooted boxes and fully loaded cause on the long run they are a pile of software issues,you can load your own add-ons,there are plenty of U TUBE videos to help you out, Also always get a box that can be OTA updated.

12. piopat

piopat Active member

in what way is it bricked ?.

these boxes are sort of mini computers and i know plenty of people that dont treat them as such . i mean the box is in and apps open and they up and pull the plug out for the night .

as with a laptop an android has boot files , this may be 2 or 3 files depending on how many parts of the boot process there are . if the box boots a little but say gets stuck on a logo for example mbox or a green alien or if it just starts up but immediately gets stuck at the first hurdle well odds are that the boot files are corrupted / damaged . if so this is not the fault of the box , its a software issue . such software issues can usually be cured by reflashing the box , meaning to remove the old corrupt firmware in it and replace it with new hopefully working firmware from a reliable download source .

13. piopat

piopat Active member

regarding the earlier posts here i NEVER use my box on wifi . a lot of people say to me im getting 100mb broadband so why is my box buffering ? well its because the 100mb figure is for wired connections not wifi . wifi connections will not have 100mb , they will likely no more than a quarter of that speed . 25 mb would suffice for pretty much all sd content o would say . however true 1080 hd and even 720 require much faster speeds . even with about 90mb i get freezing on some 1080 content .

so if possible connect your box to your router WIRED using an ethernet cable that way you get your full broadband speeds . if running a cable is not possible you can use homeplug devices or similar .

also kodi is always saving data and temporary files , a lot of junk and your memory capacity can quickly start to dwindle if your box is used a lot . so you need to clear the regular kodi cache at regular intervals . learn how to use es file browser for example and you can delete temporary junk files . you can also install apps from the playstore such as clean master that will clear out junk for you , this sort of thing needs doing regularly . uninstall any unneeded apps and also unneeded addons in kodi , this will keep your box a lot more free of junk and all this keeps your memory usage down and the box running a lot smother . think of this , if your laptop is full to the brim with junk and has very little free memory whats going to happen ? it will be bogged down , slow running and wont work properly , the only way to fix that is to get rid of all the junk thats bogging it down , well with an android its a similar scenario .

14. piopat

piopat Active member

im not aware of any app that cleans your box automatically , clean master app will scan your box probably in the less than a minute and tell you how much junk you can delete , and you can do so with just one press of a button . there are other files such as image files that clean master wont delete , all apps and kodi addons have images /logos / thumbnails etc , even if you have deleted kodi addons images these can remain taking up a lot of memory .

rooted / jail broken and fully loaded are not the same thing . most boxes are to my thinking rooted , jail broken is another thing . fully loaded simply means the seller has installed apps and kodi and filled kodi with addons , all of these can very easily be removed . so a box being fully loaded is not really a problem , it may be a legal problem but in terms of the box itself no , as what ever the seller has installed can be uninstalled .