1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MXS Android Box

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by gkenn01, Apr 30, 2020.

1. gkenn01

gkenn01 Newbie

Can anyone give me any information about the above box - particularly if i can update the firmware 95290352_261424048334021_6762114450624348160_n. , and if so gave you tell me how to do it

2. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Aren't there any other labels which might identify the model number?

3. piopat

piopat Active member

this is an older box . ali express stopped selling them at android 5.1 , we now have android 9.0 .

so in that respect i doubt you will get any android firmware beyond 5.1 as my thinking is if there was further updates that a seller like ali express would have been updating .

if your box has 5.1 firmware or even say older 4.4 it will still work with many android apps . but you must understand that over time apps are made / updated so that they require newer or the latest android firmware . as an example kodi is now at kodi 18 , when your box was new it likely would have been kodi 14 or 15 . you can still install those older kodi versions , however few if any kodi addons will install or work now as many addon makers make their addons kodi 17 or kodi compatible . but certainly quite a few android apps besides kodi should still run ok on your box . usually if you check an app online you will see what android version/s its suitable for .

entertainment box have a kodi app , i mean a version of kodi that is modified to work on older boxes with android 4.4 . in essence the ebox 4.4 app is a modified kodi , if you like it is a modified version of kodi 17 modified so it works on older boxes . if you can install that it means that you could install kodi addons that are kodi 17 compatible atleast .

however as these boxes are very cheap these days id say why not buy a new one . you can get a good one such as mxq 4k for between 25 and 50 euro inc p+p , the price will vary depending on memory and storage size .butu still should be within the price range above .