1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My analogue tv card has failed to record from external source

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Ddams, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Ddams

Ddams Member

I have a brooktree based card (bt878). it plays the video from a vcr or dvd player but now when I try to record the video it records only a snowy screen. I tried the setings but it says it is using conexant capture card. I tried to change from mpeg 1 to mpeg 11 but all these changes did no good. It can capture a good snap as it play the video. I thought I could get some software of this capture card (conexant)but what I find are different ie bt based software

plz share with me

2. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

Hi Ddams,

Hm...

Your post is kinda throwing me (but that might just be me), because I did a little Google search on "bt878" and it came up as having a WDM Video Capture driver. Fine..

But Conexant, meanwhile only has video encoder/decoders.

The main difference to me is that drivers communicate with an peripheral device while encoders/decoders enable playback/conversion of video files already on the computer, so as I understand it, conexant shouldn't be involved with the capture stage...

However, you also write

Okay.. you find "bt" based software and your capture card is a bt878.

More than a coincidence?

I'm gonna grab some popcorn and sit this one out; I'm neither experienced with the particular hardware nor mpeg 11 (although I'm thinking that might be less than suitable way to really write mpeg 2).

3. Ddams

Ddams Member

Hello Corypolo

thanks for the reply. You are right it uses WDM and I got some software which gave some hope but still a long way to go. I now recieve and play video but I cant get a good recording. It is like it moves in slow motion.

I am still puzzled