1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My browser crashes when I try to stream videos

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by kidstar, Oct 17, 2003.

1. kidstar

kidstar Member

Could someone please help me. Everytime I try to stream a video using real one player my browser crashes. I haven't the slightest clue why I am able stream video using windows media player, but not real one player. I've tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it, I've checked my connection to make sure it's correct and it is, I've deleted my temperary files, and I don't have a firewall. I've contacted realonenetwork technical support,but nothing they suggested seemed to work either. So I am totally lost. Why is it that I have no problems streaming with windows media player, but real one player seems to hate me? When I click on a link to view a clip, the clip starts to load then my browser crashes leaving the message: Real one player has encountered a problem and needs to close. Can someone help me or I'm I the only person having this problem?

2. Sputnick

Sputnick Member

hehe,

re-install the Windows ! :)

just kidding:
    - here what I would do, when you delete real-one, try deliting also all registery keys.
    ( run " register " , search for real one )
    - make sure you have all the codecs to support the stream.

If not working, re-install the damn windows LOL.