1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My burned DVD has Chipmunk Voice?!?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by cmgeezus, Sep 24, 2007.

1. cmgeezus

cmgeezus Member

Hi, i'm very very raw when it comes to a lot of software and technology so please, I beg of you; be easy on me. I download from Limewire.. a lot of movies that I want to put on DVD. I have tried all types of file types, mp4..avi..mpeg..mpg..mpeg4; everything you can think of because people have told me maybe it's the type of file you're downloading. Well when I burn my DVD with NERO 7 Essential, the picture is great; but the voices are high pitched as if they were chipmunked. Can somebody please give me a solution or tell me if you've had the same problem. I can't find anyone else who's experienced this, but I'd love to be able to use my burner. I use Memorex DVD-RW too. Thank you so much!

2. ugc

ugc Regular member

how do they play on your computer before you burn them to a disc?

3. cmgeezus

cmgeezus Member

They play absolutely fine, no problems; no hitching, nothing at all.

4. ugc

ugc Regular member

The voices are in sync, the video plays in real time (doesn't look like your fast forwarding) but the sound is high pitched (like it is playing while you are fastwarding)?

I am scratching my head. I don't know what is going on. Doesn't make since.

Do you think it may be PAL vs NTSC not converting properly? Someone with more knowledge than myself will have to get involved.

Please let me know what you figured out, and what caused this.

5. cmgeezus

cmgeezus Member

Well thank you for your input, it's definitely appreciate! Trust me I've been scratching my head as well.. for a longer time lol. Yes it has a sped up voice sound as if it were moving in a faster motion, but the video playback is fine (moving in normal speed) as the audio is in a fast forward type of situation. It is very odd, I just wish I could find out what's going on? Is it possible the files i'm downloading from Limewire are copywritten and that's why?? I have no problem downloading music at all; it's the movies and video files that the audio acts up on.

6. ugc

ugc Regular member

For troubleshooting only. I would be curious to know how those DVDs play on a different player? Also, how they would play in your computer. I'm talking about AFTER you burn them, using your computer as a DVD player.

Have you tried any of the above?

7. cmgeezus

cmgeezus Member

Yea actually I have tried all of the above; i have my 360 and a regular DVD player and my computer as well, and they all have the high pitched sped up voice. Now the thing I just realized that happens is when I'm about to burn the disc with Nero and you know how you can preview what you're about to burn.. with the remote on the right hand side? Well when I play the preview it has the high pitched sound too, so it's pretty much telling me before I start burning that It's going to have that sound. I just wish I knew how to get it normal. Again I have to ask, do you think it has anything to do with Copy Protection?

8. ugc

ugc Regular member

I would say no. The file types you're using, and it does play.

Also, do me a favor if you would. When you figure this out, post the fix here. I am very curious as to what is happening.

Thanks

9. tobyfmtv

tobyfmtv Member

I am having the same problem. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.