1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my burned vcd playing with jerk effect in vcd players (standalone)

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ghambhani, Apr 11, 2003.

1. ghambhani

ghambhani Guest

hiii,
    i am rakesh from india,i am having the problem regarding authoring the vcd, i am having some mpg files which i have cutted through vcdcutter, and i have created menu thorugh ulead dvd factory,but while playing in standalone vcd players i am getting jerk effect, picture gets stopped, while it is playing ok in pc and dvd players,,,,
    i tried thorugh nero also, but all in vain,same result...
    kindly help me in this, what should i do...
    please
    thanking you
    rakesh..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]hiii,
    i am rakesh from india,i am having the problem regarding authoring the vcd, i am having some mpg files which i have cutted through vcdcutter, and i have created menu thorugh ulead dvd factory,but while playing in standalone vcd players i am gettin[/small]

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Do the file(s) have this "jerky" effect when playing back on your pc?
    How fast did you burn?
    It is recommended to butn [bold] no [/bold] faster than 8x.

Shoey :)

3. ghambhani

ghambhani Guest

ya i burned on 4x also, then also it gives me the same result..
    what should i do...

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Are you using cheap media?? If so then dont because you will find that they cause a lot of skips and pauses in playback!

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

ghambhani,
    If the files have an "jerky" video playback on your pc, then there's really not a whole lot you can do. If they are your own dvd rips, then rip& re-encode but if they are internet downloads, you decide m8.

Shoey :)

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Not a lot really causes jerky playback on a PC! So i'd still reckon the media is the problem or of course, the dvd player itself could unfortunately be!