1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My car stereo is locked with a code.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by LastMastr, Dec 10, 2006.

1. LastMastr

LastMastr Regular member

My car asked for a code. I was assuming it was like an anti-theft thing.
    I recently changed the battery and it asked for the code. Not knowing what it was i put 1234, then 0000, then 4321. And i got nothing out of it and now its locked. All it says is off. Its kinda retarded. Before i changed the battery it was working fine but now its just stuck like that.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Is there a question here? The logical first step is to contact the manufacturer of the car stereo.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  3. LastMastr

LastMastr Regular member

Idk why but i felt insulted by that reply....

Anyways i learned that those codes are ment as anti theft and they reset for another 3 trys every half an hour. You can pay about 30 bucks by calling either the maker of the stereo or the dealership. Also theres code generators according to your s/n on the system. But those also cost money.

The question was implied seeing as how forums you usually get awnsers back. you didnt have to be mean.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

i see nothing wrong with GrandpaBW post to you

this is mean,as your sig are to big,there 451k..
    read the rules on sig
    below

Signatures

These rules exist to make viewing the forum as pleasant as possible to all users. Even though you might think signatures with large pictures look cool, some might find them extremely annoying.

1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. If you use an animated picture in the signature, it should not be too distractive. Eg. blinking images or images with quick movement are not allowed.

4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

5. All the abovementioned rules for forum posts apply also to the signatures.

Violation of these rules does not lead to an immediate ban. However if requested user must edit his or her signature to fit these guidelines.

the total rule's,i would read them if i was you
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@LastMastr

What is the make and model of your car? Have you looked in your cars manual, or anyother papers it has? The stereo code for my parents Saab 9000 is on the inside of the manual and the code for my Saab SPG I have written down on the manual for the stereo. Look in your manuals, paperwork, etc but if you still cant find it post your cars specs, they may help me out. Also is this the factory stereo? Or aftermarket?

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@ lastmastr.. Hi dude.. heres a nice bit of info. The code is held in an eeprom. We know how to read those don't we!!. Have a root around inside for the 8 legged little beastie, then hit it with your elvis or eeprom reader.

7. LastMastr

LastMastr Regular member

@ireland

You don't see anything wrong with his post...
    well thats good cuz neither did I. I was just saying as how the question should have been implied. As for my sig, ive had that sig forever and no one has told me anything. I dont know whay you had to spot it out but if it bothers you so much ill gladly remvoe whatever i have to so you can be at ease.

@peainapod

Its a Mitsubishi 3000GT. It did not come with a usermanual, becuase it was bought from a car lot. That was the first thing i looked for. Iam going to see if i can call the dealership for a code or mitsubishi or the company for the stereo. I read up on some forums after i posted here.

@GrandpaBW

I forgot to say thank you.

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yeah I would say your best bet is to get in contact with the dealer you bought the car from and see if they can help you out. Otherwise I guess Mitsubish Inc. would be your next best option.

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

10. LastMastr

LastMastr Regular member

I love you jan, always will too. Ill get to it asap... Thanks for the help.

11. grinchh

grinchh Guest

LOOK IN YOUR OWNERS/USERS MANUAL THE SMALL ONE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX USALLY WITH YOUR MAITNANCE GUIDE LOOK UNDER AUDIO SYSTEM SECURITY CODE

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

grinchh,

Knock off the all caps - its annoying and against forum rules.

13. LastMastr

LastMastr Regular member

Fixed my problem with jans qoute, i called they said to open it up get the Serial Number on it and the Product number as well, i wrote them down along with my VIN and called agian. They instructed me on how to reset it so the car would allow me to put it in, and i memorized the code by heart, put in the code and wallah it worked like a charm, i got this done about 3 weeks ago, i just never posted the results. Like if anyone cares...

Believe it or not the easy part was taking out the stereo, I dont like talking to stranger over the phone. IDK why, i feel retarded when i do talk to them, but after i got it done i was like FOOOK YEA