1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my cd drive wont open after burning.. error

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jiggles, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jiggles

jiggles Guest

some times when i burn a cd my cd drive wont open until i restart the computer. it says error burning cd but after i restart and put the cd in my cd player it works fine every song... nothng wrong.

2. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

You're not giving any specific information. What software are you using to burn the CD? Does it get to the end and ask, Mount or Eject ? - what happens at the end that you KNOW it's finished writing?
    Also, many drives won't open by pressing the front button when there is a disc in it so as to prevent accidental ejection whilst burning. You need to highlight the mounted disc and use the Eject command.

3. jiggles

jiggles Guest

im using a samsung cd-rw to burn cds
    im using windows media player 9 series to burn music cds
    i tried to manual eject but it wont work til i restart
    i know its done because after it closes the cd it says complete then it says error something like "error burning.. cd may be damaged or may not work right"
    but the cd works perfectly fine after i take it out... its not really a big problem but i would like to not restart after makin cds

4. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

That's your problem - they stopped releasing/updating 9 series 18 months ago because of its poor performance. Understand, it was primarily a player, not burning software; and when you try to use cheap/free software 'with a bit of a burner function tacked on', it isn't going to be reliable. Get some decent specialized burning software!

5. jiggles

jiggles Guest

oh its not really a problem it works fine every time i jus hate how i have to restart my computer after some cds no problem though i dont burn much thanks any way

6. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

,,,and what's giving you the false error message, then hanging so you can't open the tray !!

nuh said

7. jiggles

jiggles Guest

ok that made no sense