1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my computer sounds like an alarm

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by gabezilla, Apr 6, 2005.

1. gabezilla

gabezilla Guest

My computer sounds like an alarm while i am playing games. At first it will beep only about once or twice every 5 minutes then it goes into a full out alarm sound dee doo dee doo sounds like an ambulance. I just got this computer and my buddy has one just like it and his does the same thing. Does anyone have any idea what this is and how do I get rid of it?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

its your temperature alarm going off, check to see what is the temp at during normal & play use & see what the temp alarm is set at. might have to raise it but 1st post the settings!!

3. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

what kinda comp is this? custom or did you buy it off the shelf from best buy? or something?

4. Dr.xp

Dr.xp Regular member

gabezilla check in your bios and disable the alarm or check the temps(highly recommended)

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I don't think you would disable a smoke alarm that was going off would you just because it was annoying?

First find out what the temp setting is for you PC alarm and make sure that it is below what your CPU can handle. If is is set too low then adjust it up to a safe temp for your CPU but still keeping it active as a warning device. You can find what are save levels based on your CPU, (Intel or AMD,) on their websites.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005