1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Computer will not turn on anymore! plz help!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by xodome, Feb 17, 2007.

1. xodome

xodome Guest

After a long week of school I come home for my sister to tell me my computer will not turn on. What happened and how it happened is kinda sketchy but she told me before it broke there was a clicking noise coming from the computer? any ideas on to fix it ? I tried replacing the power plug but no luck even plugged it up in the living room and still no luck

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

By the sound of what your sister described you may need to replace your motherboard. Have you tried turning it on is there any power going into the machine on to your motherboard??

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Edit for double posting.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  4. xodome

xodome Guest

oh theres nothing no lights or anything as if there nothing going into the computer. btw I tried sticking the ram from the computer in another computer we own and it fit but i didnt get a picture or anything until i took it out. whats up with that?

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

It means you need a new board and you may have faulty or incompatible ram for that motherboard.

6. elokito

elokito Regular member

borhan9 how r u so sure its the motherboard i have never heard a motherboard making a "clicking noise" so it could be the power supply which could b y the pc isnt turning on

7. xodome

xodome Guest

oooo well with the ram when i had it in the other computer there was also beeping noise coming from the speakers. But what should I do 1st buy another power supply or get a new motherboard?

8. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Go with the power supply first and test it out also if the ram beeped also u may need to get new ram.