1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My computer won't recognize my card

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by wm17959, Aug 15, 2010.

1. wm17959

wm17959 Member

I have a Lenovo 3000J computer and Canon Powershot A460 camera. My memory card recently gave up the ghost so I bought a Lexar 4GB SDHC card, which works fine, but when I put it in the comptuer nothing happens. I can't get the computer to acknowledge that there is even anything in there, but the little green light on the front of the computer comes on. I have to use the transfer chord that came with the camera to download my files, but I would rather just put the card in the computer. is there anything that can be done to fix this?

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Sounds like the card reader in your computer does not handle the SDHC format. You might need to buy a new card reader that handles the High Capacity SD card. Check the specs on the reader before you buy; probably not very expensive (?).

3. dailun

dailun Active member

Check the Lenovo website for upgrades to the card reader driver.

I had an SD reader that couldn't read HSDC cards until I upgraded the firmeare.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

which 3000 j series do you have as it goes from j100 to j205 & what windows?