1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Desktop is running like a Rhino with bad knees

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Wyattspop, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Guys,
    Win 7 Home Premium on an HP P6803 64 bit, C- drive is still like 65% empty. I don't game on it or use high end video editing software, I mainly use my desktop to surf the net, watch AVI files and store family photos. I have a 1 TB that stores most of my pics.
    So, it's behaving like a virus, my HDD sounds like a 747 taking off (intermittently), internet freezes often. I cleaned out some stuff with Superantispyware, my Microsoft Security Essentials AV never finds so much as a tracking cookie (useless). I have a large selection of AV, Spyware and Malware proggies to choose from, does anyone know a certain order to run these or which ones I should even use? I have Superanti, MBam, CCleaner, Rkill, Hitman, Emsisoft, Ad aware, TDSS killer. I'd appreciate any feedback.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is ccleaner setup to auto run each time you startup windows?

3. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

No my friend, I shut everything off but Security Essentials..if you're looking in that direction, I do have a ridiculous 78 processes going as soon as I connect?

4. ddp

in task manager, how many processes is running? how much is on that computer?

5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi pop,
    First run Zemana for any malware then make me a FRST log to see what I can find that could be the problem...

Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
    • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
    • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
    • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
    Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
    • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
    • Click on [​IMG] icon and double click the latest report.
    • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
    • The only thing left is to attach saved report in your next message.

[​IMG] Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
    • Right-click on [​IMG] icon and select [​IMG] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
      (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
    • Press Scan button and wait.
    • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
    Please attach both logs to your next reply.

Please attach all reports using [​IMG] button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

NOTE: All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.

2oG

6. mahlemuts

mahlemuts Member

too many AV tools on it, remove all of them and stick to using 1, I personally wouldnt use MSE (also use mbam once a week for a deep clean if you want) let the AV do the rest of the work,

again as ddp mentions, use ccleaner and make sure the running at startup apps are at a minimum, the more apps loading at windows startup the more resources you'll lose for everyday tasks., making your pc slooooow!

7. ddp

I thought it was sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Probably more than that! :(

Pop has had this problem pop up a lot... As you know, ddp, programmers have a tendency to set a program to run with windows by default and you must stop that or your RAM gets used up and slows you to a snails pace.. lol Anytime I install a program, I always check the settings and uncheck start with windows...

9. aldan

aldan Active member

i have just 2 programs starting with windows.avast and mbam antiexploit.by the way,my knees have been hurting of late as well.lol

10. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey my friend, I'm sorry for the delay, but I had some recovery time due to my severe spinal damage, back on my feet.
    It's still running very poorly, but I have some more "clues" for you if you'd consider helping me further (please (-;/)
    It seems to only happen in explorer, and only when I open a second window. It doesn't happen when I'm on AOL, and not when I'm working on my desktop. When I open a second window, my fan kicks up to turbo speed and my mouse can't make anything respond. I get frequent error messages that say "XYZ has stopped responding, do you want to wait" and I normally have to "control/alt/delete" and shut down my PC. I did close unimportant proggies from starting up.
    I hope this helps. I've thrown about 10 different antivirus, antispyware, antimalware proggies at it (one at a time then removed them to avoid conflict) and no love. Thanks much

11. ddp

12. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

You're good...exactly

13. ddp

which 1 is your cpu on that list?

14. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Sorry for the delay, here ya go

Amd anthlon II XII 220 Processor 2.80 ghz

ATI Radeon HD 4200

15. ddp

16. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

17. ddp

4 gig is alright which I'm running right now tho in 32bit mode til I get around to installing 64bit win7. had to use 32bit win7 because of a data recovery program won't run 64bit til I got a newer version of that program. my 1tb hd is a lot fuller then yours. did do a cpu upgrade from intel dual core 3.2ghz to intel quad core 2.66ghz so now runs a lot faster.

18. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

May I send you my scan results?

19. ddp

post it.

20. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Don't know if I should have sent this to you personally

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016