1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My DVD backup freezes near the end of the movie

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Rouge006, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Rouge006

Rouge006 Guest

My DVD backup freezes near the end of the movie when I play it on my DVD player but not when I play it on my computer

Can ne1 tell me why or how to fix it?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What did you use to back it up??? DVDXCopy???

3. Rouge006

Rouge006 Guest

I just rip with DVD Decrypter and strip with IFOeditor and burn it with nero

4. amber1

amber1 Member

You better be careful with 2 things,
    1. the dvd burner and type of media used(set correct speed for the media)
    2. defrag every time before burning

and by the way, dvd x copy IS crap .

Last edited: Jan 6, 2003
  5. Dela

DVDXCopy is excellent. No encoding, no bullshit like that just copy from DVD to usually 2 dvd-rs that usually come out great!

6. amber1

amber1 Member

DELA, I never encode to copy a dvd.If you do, then you dont know what you doing. It is SOOOOO easy to copy using all free ware. and the key word here is FREEEEEEEEE... Dont be so lazy, try to THINK a little and save money AND time by doing it yourself !

and by the way,please stick to the subject.
    PS: dvdxcopy SUCKS. you NEVER know until the last if you have wasted your time or not !!!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2003
  7. Dela

Why are ya tellin me to stick to the subject when you said it first??

And as for you copying with all the freeware, fair play to ya if you can copy a dvd without any encoding at all! The last dvd i copied to dvd-r what i did was used the cinema craft encoder to encode the movie and Pinnacle Impression DVD-PRO to burn it!

8. T2K

T2K Guest

DVDXCOPY is the best software I have ever used to back up dvd movie's. why all the negitive comments???

ps. the problem is usually between the user and the screen

9. amber1

amber1 Member

Hi Dela
    I did not mean to be rude to you so sorry if I was. ! I only meant that we all should try to help the man out with the original problem, "dvd freezes near the end of the movie"
    Like I said, I have had the same problem and I have corrected it by:
    1. Defragg image file before burn.
    2. Set correct burn speed for the DVD to be burned. This should stop most of the freezing near the end of the movie.

10. T2K

T2K Guest

wow im suposed to defrag my hard drive every time before burning video files! I might as well shoot my self in the head, heh heh.

11. amber1

amber1 Member

Well look at it this way, you just spent 3 or more hours prepareing your hard work. Whats another 20 min or so ??? If you have and you should have a separate drive or a particianed drive, leave it only for your image files. Then the defrag will go much faster also.

12. Dela

With DVDXCopy he wouldn't be spending very long at all copying a dvd so ye 20 minutes more would be a bit annoying!

;-)

13. amber1

amber1 Member

Dela.
    Are you working for dvdxcopy ????
    First of all, I have dvdxcopy also !!!! Second of all, I tested it and if you need to copy a movie that needs 2 disc, you will need at least 3 hours before it is all completed !!!. Now please, we are talking about NOT using dvdxcopy,but the manual method.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2003
  14. T2K

T2K Guest

Listen if its taking 3 hours to copy a DVD with dvdxcopy then you either have a really slow DVD rom drive, a really slow hard drive, a really slow processor\motherboard. And or all of the above! It takes me 15 to 25 minutes to copy both disks that are 4.6 gb each!

15. amber1

amber1 Member

t2k
    Pleae revise your msg. about dvdxcopy because what you say is IMPOSSIBLE !!! With any of todays home computers!