1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my dvd backups burn slow please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Xenokai, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

i recently started having problems with my dvdrw drive is a philips 8x came with my pc and when i wacth and or play audio cd's the sound is stuttery but the video is perfect and i noticed this slows my ripping and burning of my dvd backups down it use to burn at 3.8x-4x but it wont go over 1.8x now and the ripping takes 2 times as long also i dont know how to fix this ive unistalled my dvd rom drivers and audio problem is still there the dvd's i back up play fine and sound is right in ps2 and dvd players the sound stutter is with all my dvd programs even windows media if someone could help me fix this id be so happy ive been trying for a week =(

2. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

Try searching the forums for this, it might be easier than you think.

3. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Make sure your running in DMA mode not PIO mode. Device manager, IDE, check primary and secondary properties you will see it in there.

Good Luck

Spacedust

4. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

on one of my secondary IDE channel things it has Device0 they it says device type: Auto detection Transfer mode: DMA if available THEN on current transfer mode IT SAYS PI0 mode IS this causing my problem? and how do i change it it doesnt have a drop down box it just has where you type it in anyone know if this is normal?

5. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

OMG it fixed it i uninstalled the one that was set to PIO and it put it back to Ulta DMA 2 thxs to everyoen that helped fix it