1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My DVD player is only playing in Black & White!! - HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by claypots, Jan 31, 2003.

1. claypots

claypots Member

Any idea what the problem could be here? I messed with all the settings, it's defintely the DVD player (no problems with the TV). I checked all the cables (not using s-video) and they are all secured.

PLease help...

2. probsey

probsey Guest

I'm UK based and I had this problem with a player of mine. You might have changed the output setting on the player. I had a setting where i could choose the type of TV the player was connected to. It was set to output the disc coding (NTSC or PAL) straight through to the TV. As my TV couldn't switch between the two systems, when i played NTSC coded movies, they were black and white. I had to switch the setting on the player to output PAL (UK) only.
    The player automatically converts the output code to PAL, whatever the disc.
    The player I have now has a setting which allows me to set the NTSC output rather than setting the TV.
    I hope this is not too basic, and if you are US based, reverse the two codes around. Let me know how you get on...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2003
  3. claypots

claypots Member

Thanks but I dont have any of those options in my DVD player's setup...

4. claypots

claypots Member