1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My E drive is missing

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Haze666, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Haze666

Haze666 Member

I just bought an xbox original, and went to softmod it, and while transfering files to my E drive, xplorer360 crashed, and now when i hook it up, i do not have a E drive, nor can i save content to my hard drive, "example: cannot rip a cd to said Xbox" nor can i play games, when i insert a game "such as halo2" it acts normal then returns to dash, but then i get a message stating "Your Xbox requires service. Please call the customer Care number listed in your Instruction Manual." this Xbox has never been tampered with before me, although i got the dashboard working again.

My kernel and dash below.

K: 1.00.5530.01
    D: 1.00.5960.01

2. Haze666

Haze666 Member

Well, after playing around with a couple Xbox's hard drives i found the problem, while i was installing a soft-mod manually, i apparently ran out of hard disk space on my C drive, and well the E drive is next in line, considering how the File system works corrupted the partition, it's an easy fix although if you have another xbox, but if not you need to rebuild the hard drive, giving you have your EEPROM.bin backup.

Hope this helps anybody with a "missing E drive"