1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY Experience with Clone DVD!

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by genkidama, Oct 3, 2003.

1. genkidama

genkidama Member

WELL, I have masterd cd and mp3's not i just got a dvd recorable drive _ HAHA i found out dvd is NOTHING like cd's !! anyways after countless errors and wasteing about 12 dvd +R 's at a expensive total of $39.00 i found that clonedvd works the best for me - of course i use dvd decrypt and dvd shrink!! WIndows XP give so many problems to users these days!! ALso can anyone share with me some place where i can getr dvd +R's for cheaper then i and getting them. I recommend clone dvd to windows xp users casue i dont know about you others but i get lots of errors with dvdXcopy and the other "ON CLICK" programs!! Well got to get drunk Later!!

2. RonJu99

RonJu99 Member

I also use CloneDVD to burn my movie files in XP. I use DVD Shrink to compress and decode and haven't made a coaster yet. Just (reauthor) the main movie file and remove all sound file except 6ch. and any other extras and then backup. I've tried Smart Ripper and DVD Decriptor and tried to burn with Nero6 with mixed success and a few coasters. Even tried CopyWare 2.1 from Redxpress using Nero6 and Gear as burning engine with out success with XP. CloneDVD has proven time and again that it can copy about anything.

3. koola

koola Guest

CloneDVD is an excellent program with a easy user GUI. I use this program all the time with countless successes, but you need AnyDVD to do the decrypting.

4. genkidama

genkidama Member

Yes, if only they would make a advanced version of clone dvd that does it all.

5. matt_a_s

matt_a_s Member

I've also used dvd decrypter, dvd shrink, and cloneDVD to burn movie files. However, I've gotten numerous bad results tring to burn "Saving Private Ryan" and "Bulletproof Monk". For example, at times the burning process will completely stop after at least 80% of the burning process (using cloneDVD & nero burning). In addition, at times after burning the movie files completely, the last few chapters of the movie will start skipping like a million times when I play it on my dvd player. Does anybody know why I'm so many issues? Any solutions are welcome.

6. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

matt_a_s
    your problem sounds like a media issue. Bad media commonly gives problems on the last 20% or so of a disc. What brand are you using?

7. amelie

amelie Member

I too have had wonderful results using CloneDVD and AnyDVD. I don't see why people are using all of these other programs just to copy a DVD. It seems like a big waste of time to bounce from one program to another. I haven't had any wasted dvd's. It takes me about 30 to 40 minutes to make a copy, depending on the movie (don't know if that's good or bad, but I'm happy with it). I usually don't copy the extras, so I'm only compressing between 0% to 20%. The copies look great with no glitches and have played just fine in my Pioneer DVD player and on my Playstation 2. That's my two cents.

8. PRCOQUI

PRCOQUI Member

I like emelie can not uderstand why people don't use CloneDVD with AnyDVD it is a perfect couple, you only work with 1 program CloneDVD.

9. RWG

RWG Regular member

Is CloneDVD free?

DVDShrink, DVD Decrypter are free and burning w/ Nero 6 is a cakewalk.

10. amelie

amelie Member

I think I did get it for free, but I don't remember if I downloaded it on this site or on kazaa. you need AnyDVD to use it though and I believe that is not free, but it can be if you know what you are doing ;0)

I like DVD Shrink too. That works great. I've used it with CloneDVD as well. I've only been copying dvd's for a little over a month. I've tried DVD Decrypter and all the other ones that get mentioned on this site, but my computer would always freeze, etc. My computer has enough memory and all that jazz, so I don't know what the problem was. I guess people just have to find what works for them and I just felt obligated, after all the crap I went through, to come on here and let people know what worked for me. I hope I helped at least one person out there.

11. koola

koola Guest

No RWG, CloneDVD or AnyDVD are NOT free!
    You have to buy a license code to activate them.

@ amelie
    Are you implying that you are using pirate software?
    Isn't Piracy Ilegal?

12. amelie

amelie Member

i haven't implied anything. you can take it however you want it.

13. MarvLevy

MarvLevy Member

All,

Big problem here don't know if I'm missing something very basic. How can you use just DVDshrink and CloneDVD to burn a DVD-R?

I am using DVDshrink to re-author a disk but when I back it up, the program will only save the files into a directory on my PC. I don;t see an option to create an ISO image file.

When I use CloneDVD, the only thing I can do is select a hardware drive for the files to create (and later burn) an image. It won't let me select the folder where DVDshrink placed my re-authored movie.

Please help! What am I missing here? I do not own Nero or Easy DVD Creator yet I am using the CloneDVD free trial and trying to get my feet wet before purchasing anything. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2003
  14. MarvLevy

MarvLevy Member

OK so I'm the idiot!

I was using the "CloneDVD" software available at www.clonedvd.net not the software made by Elaborate Bytes.

That threw me for a loop! Thanks anyway all, I have the answer to my question...

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you want a free burning program to try, download BURNATONCE and try it. Works similar to Nero. Jerry

16. matt_a_s

matt_a_s Member

Is there supposed to be a simulation mode that you can access when using CloneDVD? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

17. koola

koola Guest

Simulation mode? Are you using CloneDVD mate as there is no simulation button in CloneDVD!

18. matt_a_s

matt_a_s Member

I can't find it anywhere. Has anybody else been able to find it?

19. PRCOQUI

PRCOQUI Member

20. PRCOQUI

PRCOQUI Member

matt_a_s What is your looking?

There is no simulation button in this program.

Are you using the real CloneDVD?