1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY Experience with Clone DVD!

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by genkidama, Oct 3, 2003.

1. alleng1

alleng1 Guest

Hi Koola,

The adult CD was given too me about 1 1/2 years ago. It played fine on my old pc system without a problem. I'm not sure what the extension is, though I'll check it right now. The properties say it is a .mpg and it does play on my stand alone Phillips 724 player. The dual DVD/VCR player I purchased could not recoginise it and said unsupported format. My stand alone showed it as an MP3 so I assume it was seeing the audio as MP3.

In my last post I listed my new system spec's. On this new system it was jerky and the audio was out of sync. I have found that after playing with the audio properties for each player the short segment I captured on my AIW from TV tonight was also the same way. I openned the mpg up in ATI File player {That is what my system associated the captured file with} and it too was jerky with the audio out of sync.

I them tried it in the other players and the one that actually played it back the best was Quick Time. Quick Time converted it for playback on the QT Player and there was no problem with the pic or audio. I did notice that my 6-1 speakers were not shown, but the audio choices offered were AC3 or Stereo desktop speakers.

Also what I was referring too about my NEC DX1000U is that its a VCR and not a burner. I was inquiring what you thought my using this VCR to play my tapes on for capturing to my pc through the AIW TV Tuner would give me a better quality signal then using the cheapo Symhonic VCR.

Am I not capturing the playback from my VCR correctly. I assumed that one plays a tape on their VCR and captures the video and audio through the TV Tuner on their video card. Am I wrong in this assumption? If so how do I actually do it?

I know that once I learn what to do correctly I should be able to zip right along and get these all transferd over with out the problems I currently feel are frustrating me. It seems that once one gets frustrated everything seems to be harder to do properly.

Thanks again,

alleng1

PS: The dual player I purchased should have played the CD shouldn't it. Since it was a .mpg and my stand alone played it. It did say it played VCD's on the box and I assumed that the CD being an .mpg would play. Also since my burner is a +R/+RW DVD - CD-R/RW I need to have a player that is compatible with my burner. My stand alone also plays MP3, CDRom, CD-r/rw and a few other file types.

I day I will know what I'm doing. I hope!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2003
  2. Green1975

Green1975 Member

Koola, thanks for helping on what kind of DVDR+ to buy. You were right the DVDR that I bought the first time were a piece of SH**. http://store.yahoo.com/cdrdvdrmedia/dgm-dvd-plus-r-blank-media-bulk.html
    I used DVDX copy, CloneDVD, Nero 6 and Roxio 6 they all burned fine. The only thing is that they play in my DVD rom, but not my dvd player. They don't ever work in friends DVD player ether. I will just use these for Data.

I just bought http://store.yahoo.com/supermediastore/ritek-24dvdplusr.html
    I notice that your website was located in the U.K. Is this website also located in the U.K?
    I live in Los Angeles, California. U.S.A
    Thanks again, KOOLA

3. koola

koola Guest

No problem Green1975, I was happy to help!

As for AD, I think it is located in the UK, but I am not 100% sure.

Good luck in the future :D

4. Green1975

Green1975 Member

KOOLA, I just recieved the new DVDR+, so far so good. The other DVDR+ would take 1hour 20min to burn at 2.4x. These are also 2.4x and it takes no more than 20 min to burn with CLONEDVD. These RITEK DVDR+ are great. Thanks again. By the way in your guides you have CLONEDVD, What version is that? because I notice that u can select the speed you want to burn at. MY version I can't choose the speed. I have version 1.2.4.8- 2003 My last question do u put labels on your DVDR? I have been reading that It messes up the movie, because of the extra weight of the label, and the laser of the DVD player can't read it. I have CDSTOMPER for labels.

5. djesusjay

djesusjay Member

I have Clone CD and Decrypter, AnyDVD, Nero 6 and the ImgTool..and Even ALcohol 120% But I can't figure out how to use Nero To burn DVD's since it don't have that option or is MiniDVD the option I have to choose? Also for DVD bigger that 4.7 like Terminator 3 Does clone DVD make 1 or 2 DVD-R's?
    I'm a newbee here and have gone through $65 worht or DVD+R's and still cant get a backup copy!.

6. Green1975

Green1975 Member

djesusjay, I just finished burning T3 with CLONEDVD and it only used one DVDR+. I even copied all the menus. DVDCLONE compresses the moives to fit on one DVDR. It makes the movie wide-screen but you can change that with your DVD player to full screen. At least my DVD player does.

Your 2nd question about using NERO follow KOOLA'S EXCELLENT, and I mean EXCELLENT guide for NERO that is all u will need. Just follow it and u will understand how to use NERO to burn DVD's

7. Green1975

Green1975 Member

djesusjay, I just check KOOLA doesn't have a guide for NERO, but there is alot of guide for nero on this website.

8. djesusjay

djesusjay Member

Ok, Green; now do I have to have a Full version of CLONEDVD couse the Trial Version gives me option to have a #1 DVD and a #2 DVD, so It makes 2 or the trial doesn't compress it? and Also...Do I run ANYDVD while burning it with ClONEDVD? I Found this on the net>? Is this the right procedure?
    http://www.polarhome.com:793/~afonic/clonedvd.htm
    I have allot of DVD programs like I mentioned before and I want to know which one works best before I spend my dough($)
    I would sure appreciate it Thank's

9. Green1975

Green1975 Member

KOOLA, I not sure if u have done this before. If you have please help me. thanks!

I bought The Godfather dvd collection, and I wanted to back them up. For example Part 2 is a 2 disc and I want to put it on a single DVDr+. I know I have to use dvdshrink to compress both parts. But when it comes to burning them I end up with 2 Vedeo_ts folder. Im guessing do i have to change some of the files in the video_ts folder, and if so which ones. I change the files in the 2nd folder and NERO 6 wouldn't let me add them to the video_ts folder.

DO u know of a good guide that will show me how to do this? I think making a menu would work so I could select what Part of the movie I want to see for example Godfather 2 1 or 2 at the beginning of the DVDR.

10. Green1975

Green1975 Member

djesusjay, Its always good to have the full version of CLONEDVD its a very good program. I like better than those over priced (DVDX COPY SOFTWARE) yes, you do have to have ANYDVD running. Once you start your computer it should run. unless you ran MSCONFIG, and u uncheck it from the startup menu. DVDCLONE will compress the movie for you. Drink a beer and relax and burn you some back ups.

11. scottvf

scottvf Guest

The only programs I use and need are
    1. DVD Decrypter - For ripping

2. TMPGEnc Dvd Author - to Add out-takes, deleted scenes to movie or to do Episodes.

3. Infoedit 095 - To change startup (Go directly to the Main menu and cut the warnings out)

4. Dvd2one - To shrink to fit on dvd-r

5. Gearpro (www.gearsoftware.com) - To burn dvd

Been doing this for around 2 years and haven't had a coaster yet. I have the Sony dru-500ax burner and use Ritek G03. I now have the Sony Dru510a and use Ritek G04.

12. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)
    Green1975, you can use DVD Shrink v3.0b5 to "compile" the two discs to one. ;)
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/re-author-v3beta5-advanced.php

If you're not familiar with v3.0b5, I'd suggest you view this guide first:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/re-author-v3beta5.php

Two things you have to know though:
    - You will not have the menus, but will be able to use your remote control to select chapters/titles.
    - If the total file size of the two discs is very big, you might have to "shrink" them twice (as the maximum compression on the first pass might not be enough).

13. koola

koola Guest

Sorry for not replying in a while Green1975 as I have been busy designing SimplGuides V2.

You could do what ddloping said but the overall quality will suck!
    It would be better to just shrink the DVD individually rather than try and compress them to one.

If you get stuck, check out my guides :D

14. Green1975

Green1975 Member

ddlooping, Thanks for your help. I was able to do what I wanted by using http://www.dvdshrink.info/re-author-v3beta5-advanced.php. I downloaded it and it was very easy to use. I know it's a beta program, Buts its still good because I didn't get any errors.

Next things I going to try is putting a AVI file that U get from the p2p site and a dvd together on one disc. I am going to use TMPGEnc to convert the AVI file to play on a DVD player as a DVD format file. For the dvd Disc I am going to use DVDSHRINK to compress the file. Then I will use DVDSHRINK Version 3.0 Beta 5 - to put both videos on one disc. Wish me luck on this new project.

Thanks you everyone that responded to my orginal message.
    scottvf
    &
    KOOLA

15. scottvf

scottvf Guest

Rip both discs to your hd.
    Then use TMPGEnc dvd author to add them together and create your own menu. You can even add any extras you want to keep. (Just find the title # for them. You can use power dvd to do that. Just run your dvd from hd and goto the extra you want to keep. It will show you what title it is.)
    After you author it, shrink it with dvd2one, shrink, or whatever.

16. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

[bold]"ddlooping, Thanks for your help."[/bold]

You're welcome. ;)

Good luck with your next projects. :)

17. koola

koola Guest

No problem Green1975, happy to help a newbie :D

18. homeboy99

homeboy99 Guest

HEllo Everybody, I need some help. I have burn dvds but with media like .avi.divx.mpg and my dvd player won't play it.and the hole computer just friezes, it just stop, every time before I burn, I allwayz check if that fil can play the film before burning and it allway check out ok, but after I have burn, and want to play that dvd it don't want to play it up. I have all codecs i need, but what can be the problem. Please help....

19. scottvf

scottvf Guest

A dvd player won't play .avi or .mpg files. You need to author it into .vob files with Video_ts info files. You can find a info in the guides.

20. Green1975

Green1975 Member

What U can also do is make (avi) to vcd-video cd. But the quailty doesn't compare to dvdr.
    Make sure to find out first what kind of format your dvd player is plus or minus very import when making dvd. Be very careful on what type of dvdr you buy too.