1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my family has an hd toshiba big screen lcd and its screen is messed up,could it be from video games?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by 101_PROOF, May 20, 2009.

1. 101_PROOF

101_PROOF Guest

its about 5 years old
    bbut now it takes 5 minutes for the picture to get soewhat normal
    and when we use the dvd it makes the screen moves and colors change..
    could this be fromk playing video games on it?
    when i play my ps3 on it the screen is fine,sharp,and crisp
    when we watch our tv or movies, it looks bad,screen is blurry in one place
    could this be from our cats peeing on the speaker part b4?

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Try plugging the DVD player where the ps3 is plugged in. Do the movies play better there.

I've got a bb gun that will solve the cat problem. WTF?

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  3. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I just read this for the first time, I laughed so hard I almost pee'd my pants no pun intended, garmon that was a good one.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Fredbun

Me thinks he closely mimics his screen name. Could probably not hit the cat 5 ft from the set. That would be fun to try tho. Okay all you cat lovers, we all love our pets-BUT there are some limits!LMAO

5. etkasoe

etkasoe Regular member

Sell it to me, i'll give you $50

6. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I hear ya Garmen, anyway I'm not a cat guy either, I love my dogs, you know just getting a comeback on this thread I started laughing all over again, it's not only the way you put it it was also the timing, I'm sitting here typing and laughing and not to many things make me crack up like that anymore, I've pretty much heard and seen them all and every once in a while something like you said comes along, you made my day the other day.

7. 101_PROOF

101_PROOF Guest

so could playing our nintendo wii have caused this issue on this tv to the point the screen flashes in and out in diiferent colors?
    i know u could burn images into them
    but i see other ppl with systems hooked up to there big screens
    and plasmas and they are fine
    so whats the problem?

8. 101_PROOF

101_PROOF Guest

its about 5 years old
    but now it takes 5-10 minutes for the picture to get soewhat normal(STILL IS BLURRY IN SOME PLACES AND IDK WHY AND COLORS DONT STAY RIGHT)
    and when we use the dvd it makes the screen moves and colors change..
    could this be from playing video games on it?
    tv or movies, it looks bad,screen is blurry in one place

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
  9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm not a pro on these matters but let's face it, you got a 5 year old TV that's been on probably quite a long time both for gaming and just plain watching. I don't own a Wii, but it would seem that it couldn't possibly do anything worse than a fast paced action movie would do. Everything is playing poorly and colors are shifting. You got mechanical or electrical problems with you set. I doubt the cat's pee did much if it didn't break right away. You need a repairman and/or a new set. How does that cat pee smell when it warms up with the set?

10. FredBun

FredBun Active member

garmon are you starting again, LOL.

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Nope, I truly think his TV is kitty litter and he needs a new one, at today's low prices it would probably cost more to fix than to buy a new one. By any chance is the TV a projection TV and could just need a bulb replacement??

12. varnull

varnull Guest

That's exactly what I was thinking.. 5 years is surely well before the large screen lcd's came out.. and if it's a plasma I'm guessing the price tag back then they would know.

projection tv is a whole different ballgame.. 25kv's flying about inside and 1 to 4 or even 6 high intensity crt's with a whole heap of critically aligned Schmidt type optics.. could just be dusty.. could be tired tubes.. might be badly aligned after being knocked.. could well be mold growing on the optics from the cats.. but by the symptoms I would say tired tubes or some other video or high voltage output stage faults. Something is causing the tube(s) to come up to full emission slowly.
    probably one of these.. http://www.ciao.co.uk/Projection_TVs_5276390_3-toshiba

this is where a model number is vital really.. and rubber gloves.. and a gasmask..... lend me an NBC suit guys.. I'm going in.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009