1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My familys gonna die if they find out what I did to their vhs tape!!! HELP!

Discussion in 'Suggestions, ideas and feedback' started by lduley, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lduley

lduley Member

This is my problem. I have a tape that I was wanting to dub onto a few more for my family. It was going to be a surprise because we only have the one tape of our family's vacation for the past 15 years, and we've always said that we needed to copy it incase something happens to this one. Well, with my bright idea, one night I decided to watch it and remember the good ol' days, and when I left the house I taped over part of it. Ok, half of it!!! I thought there was someway to restore what use to be on it, is there not? Everyone I've asked so far says there isn't but I swear I've heard of it. Please Help Me!!! I'll pay watever!! I just can't pay the price of seeing my family's disappointment in me.

Sincerely,
    laura

2. deadlove

deadlove Guest

Hard luck... It's gone forever. VCR's use a high frequency signal to the erase head which takes the magnetic coating to saturation both ways which wipes the previous content..
    Then along come the video heads also having a high energy recording signal which apart from recording the new information also finishes the job of completely removing anything that was on there before.

gone, gone, gone.. without any hope of recovery. Sometimes the world sucks...

3. lduley

lduley Member

I NEED YOUR HELP!!! PLEASE READ THIS!! I HAVE GOT TO GET THIS FIXED. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

There is no fixing it...you are just SOL. Time to face the music.

5. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

Why didn't you just take the tab out of the VHS if it was that important?

6. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

My wife recorded surviour on our kids when they were real young. But at least I got to see Rupert voted out.

7. slugfuk

slugfuk Guest

Isn't it time this was closed? Wrong place and pointless subject.

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.