1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first "necessary"? question..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by garpt, Mar 15, 2004.

1. garpt

garpt Member

Hi.. I'm really enjoying the knowledge I've gained in only one week with this new (for me) technology. I'm already burning DVD's from just what I've learned on afterdawn. Q: Since the encoding is such a time consuming procedure, is it O.K. to do simple computer tasks, like surfing the internet, or downloading files, while TMPGEnc is "doing it's thing", or might this result in glitches,(ex. missed frames, etc.)?
    Thanks, Gary

2. movie_777

movie_777 Member

I know some people recommend you leave it alone but on my system I surf the web all the time while I encode or write to a DVD. I guess it depends on your system.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Gary,

You can try playing with your PC while converting files, should you experience "failures", keep your fingers out of the soup LOL -

HOWEVER,

When getting to "Backup" your files and especially when burning, I suggest that would be a fine time to jog down to your local Pub and enjoy a quick pint :p)- by the time you return your backup will be ready :)

As you may gather, your PC will want all of your systems resources to accomplish those particular tasks :)

Might I say that yours was a most excellent question - too bad other "Newbies" don't consider that as a valid consideration -

BTW, Welcome to the Club :D)

Pete

4. garpt

garpt Member

Hey, Pete!
    Thanks much, actually, that is pretty much what I was hoping to hear. I assumed while burning would be a good time to stop clickin' the mouse... But that part is not even long enough to down a Pint, eh??