1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My freshly encoded mpegs look great on my pc but...

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by XsavageX, Oct 3, 2002.

1. XsavageX

XsavageX Member

I just attempted to back up a dvd to svcd but ran into problems. I have the mpeg files finished and they run good in winDVD. I made them according to the guide on dawnload's site, but the first cd would play kinda of choppy and green spot in the picture for first few minutes, then ran fine, but the 2nd cd ran that way all the way thru and the third just wouldn't play, had nothing but a black screen and no sound.

no none of the svcd's will work in windvd either, they make the program stall and then crash. any ideas? i thought about just converting the mepegs to a format i can use in a vcd but i can't get nero to encode them for that because i need a pluggin that i'm too cheap to purchase. any one know of any guides to using the TMPGEnc to encode the mpegs to what ever format i need for vcds?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Its really not that hard because the new tmpgenc has a wizard for creating popular movie types!!!

On the backup you made, what speed was your burner at when writing & what kind of cd-r were you using (tell me the bottom layer colour eg blue, grey, black etc...)

3. Jake

Jake Active member

Do you really made back up copy following this guide: http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd2svcd_guide.cfm
    I think you should read it again. Learn it that way you rembermer it, even your dreams :)

EDIT: What Dela say about burning, that´s true. Never burn mode2 files higher than 4x speed..

Last edited: Oct 4, 2002
  4. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

how and what did you use to burn the mpgs I had a friend that followed that guide but burned the mpg as a data cd instead of a svcd in nero...and burning slow is always better ...

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

lol wonderboy, I did that myself when i started out. I burned a cd 14 times until I finally found that little button that said Video-CD!!!!

God I felt stupid.