1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My guide for dvd to dvdr with dvd shrink, dvd2one and ifoupdate

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by mickrick, Sep 4, 2003.

1. mickrick

mickrick Member

Firstly, use dvd shrink to remove unwanted audio tracks and subtitles. It's amazing how much space you'll save. Also, if there are multiple menu languages, shrink these down to still picture quality.

Next, use dvd2one to reduce the shrunk files to around 2Gb and remove the movie vobs.

Now, use dvd2one again to compress the movie to the fill the rest of the dvd. Do this in full disc mode. It may take several attempts to get it to the right size.

Finally, move the new movie vobs to the folder with the first dvd2one files. Use ifoupdate to merge the original dvd2one movie vob ifo with the 2nd dvd2one movie vob ifo.

Check the result on your pc dvd player. If it's working ok burn to a dvd.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What the hell kind of guide is it? What is the point in it also. You are going through so many processes for what reasons?

3. mickrick

mickrick Member

Because it's simple and effective and I thought it may be of interest to newbies and other users looking for a simple fix. Sorry it doesn't meet your high standards.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2003
  4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - its the stupidist thing i have ever heard. It firstly makes no sense at all, secondly it takes for ever and finally, its hardly a guide.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It's not simple in my eyes

Oriphus very much has a point mate ; )

6. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

OMG!! I am so confused!!! I'll just go the simple way.....smartripper/dvddecrypter - dvd2one - nero/recordnow Max......there.......simple!!

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    2X512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXCxpress 3.01
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 6 Ultra[/small]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2003
  7. herbsman

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It looks like it doesnt meet everyones high standards. But dont give up, it was nice of you to try to help others with your suggestions, it was just a pity they werent very good. But you know what they say - 'Its the thought that counts'

9. mickrick

mickrick Member

Fine. Keep creating either very pixellated dvd-r's or movies with no menus or extras. At least with my method I get to keep the full disc with the minimum of compression to the movie. And you know what? I get great results every time.

10. vettdj

vettdj Member

While you may get great results every time mickrick, I believe that most of us believe that we can also get great results ourselves without all of the time you spend. But to each his own. I personally just use smartripper, then dvdshrink 3.5 and then nero 6 to burn. I still get all the menus and extras. And I haven't had anyone tell me the dvd-r movies looked any different than the original dvd.

11. herbsman

Give up on it mickrick , take your head out of the clouds and listen when we all tell you that we do not have to use your guide (that sucks) to get a quality back up that has no pixelation but does have menu (and extras if wanted).

Either of these methods is fine ;

[bold]DVD Shrink
    Nero[/bold]

or

[bold]DVD Decrypter
    DVD2One
    Nero
    [/bold]

12. mickrick

mickrick Member

Well, it seems I've stumbled across a forum where being nice could not be further from people's minds.

I posted my method for backing up, I didn't ask or tell anyone to use it and I certainly wasn't nasty about it, unlike Oriphus and Herbsman.

Keep your forum and your own way of doing things. I certainly do not need any help from either of you.

13. herbsman

I do not offer psychological help anyway mickrick !! LOL

hahahahahahahahahahaha

If your happy with your (so called) method then do stick to it. I wouldn't try to suggest a different method to you either , but I do have the freedom of speech to say how silly your guide is !
    Best of luck ; )

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I agree with Herbsman.

Your guide is a pile of sh*te. Fine, you did try. Just give up as Herbsman suggests. Afterdawn is one of the larger forums, search for it in goole and see what come up ;-). I guarantee that everyone (bar numbnuts) will agree that your guide is useless. Actually, i would like to query how in fact you call it a guide. Where is the guidence? The word guide means 'to lead the way' or 'to guide and instruct'. You do none of that. You merely state programs to work.

Now since you are being really bitchy about it, lets analyse 'your' so called guide!

Thats fine the normal process of ripping and/or compressing a DVD movie.

Right, this one is a pile of sh*te. You have just told people to shrink a movie, most likely between 4 and 7GB. Now you are asking them to shrink that to 2GB?? Right - feckin idiot so far. Next....

Right, your soo stupid, you have confused everyone reading your guide at this point. I ask you this, what the feck did you shrink to 2GB if you say [bold]"movie to the fill the rest of the dvd"[/bold]??? Doesnt make sense mate. Also [bold]"It may take several attempts to get it to the right size."[/bold]???? What the feck are you smoking? Several attempts. HUH?

Right, why the hell are we merging a VOB [bold]"the original dvd2one movie vob ifo with the 2nd dvd2one movie vob ifo"[/bold] which you stated was 2GB. Let me point out to thinkgs:
    1. VOB files are not 2GB, they are a maximum of 1,048,576KB
    2. VOB's cannot be IFo's as well, so what crap are you talking????

Finally we get to the end of this amazingly wrong and stupid guide. It tells us to check to see if it works. I neednt bother, i know it doesnt.

Either you just got out of a mental hospital, you dont know dick about DVD Back-up, or, you sincerely messed up your guide when getting it form you 'head' onto the computer. Man, quit wasting our time please. If you dont like this forum, you know where to go. I would far rather have you giving out your guide to peopl on other forums, enticing them to come her and get some proper advice, than listen to any more of that rubbish.

Im sorry if i seem harsh, but DAMN, its needed!!

Oh yeah, thanks for your time :D

15. obietrice

obietrice Member

Yo mickrick dont listen to that prat oripheus, hes the one who hasnt got a clue bout what hes talking bout, i think ur guide is brill, keep up the good work my man, if oripheus had dissed my guide like that i would bitch slap him

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Oh look - another boring newbie with no brain - wjere did you crawl out from. let me guess, either you are a total knob, since what i pointed out is in fact correct, or you are actually mickrick and are sooooooo smart, you managed to sign up twice.

Ohhh......I do wish i had your brains and mentality. Best of luck being a retard :p

17. obietrice

obietrice Member

ho ho ho very good mr oripheus, i mightened be as smart as you, but at least i can spell my words properly, ah whats the matter did the bad boogie man scare you

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Umm....you are really dumb mate. hold this needs quotations:

Hows my name spelt??? What a total prick you are. Now Michael Willis, stop your posting and winding me up :D, or ill skin you like i did at football today - many times :D_X_X_X_X_X_[small]For DVD Back up info: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk
    For User Guides/Downloads: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  19. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

i have been away for a while "NOT PRISON!!" lol

hey oriphus we know the real truth! and whats all the newbie attack on you!

gun fight time at the afterdawn coral!

and like the the new status how you get that??

afterdawn addict?

20. herbsman

[bold]Just gotta be an addict ![/bold]

lol

[ good to see ya about again Rotary ]