1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Home Cinema Kit - Finally

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Oriphus, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hmm...now there is something im not sure about. I do know what thing though, i will test it as soon as i receive mine during this week sometime. Even if it didnt do the projector, it is still handy for me as i have 3 systems to control...

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

On the remote control RC1400, i presume it does control a projector. The next model up, the RC5400, shows on the screen that it can control a projector, as seen below:
    [​IMG]

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

That remote looks like a PDA. Can you also check e-mail while surfing the tv channels?
    SGDVD, I like the setup. Nice and simple. Now that you have the foundation, you can always upgrade with additional componets as well.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Nah, I think itis just a remote control, dont think you can check emails lol

5. mike17032

mike17032 Member

If you get a learning remote (most of the good ones are) and you still have the remote to your projector, then you will be able to control it.

A learning remote can learn any of the controls off an existing remote. Gives you a ton of flexability. I went with the $100 Sony Commander. Very happy with it (i dont like touch screens).

I also want to say that Denon recivers are very good. Cost a bit more than some of the others listed here, but at the higher end are well worth it. Polk makes good speakers too.

6. SGDVD

SGDVD Guest

really cool looking remote, bet it costs more than my projector!!

how much do you reckon and do the batteries last longer than the movie !!!

cheers guys.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You would get a few months out of the batteries. It has a mode it goes into (sleep mode) when it isnt being used. It costs £330 in the UK i think.

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

330 pounds converted into Can dollars is more than my 400 Disc DVD player cost!! That is crazy, but it does look really cool.
    I was hoping for the little i in the top right to be internet, then you could surf Afterdawn while watching tv :p

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - i seriously doubt that :)

I think the i is for info?

10. SGDVD

SGDVD Guest

not worth it.

i'd rather get up and press the buttons on the unit itself!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2004
  11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, im not sure i would spend the £350 for it eother, even if i had the money to waste. Im quite happy with my RC1400 one, except ill have to figure out how to get it to fasat forward and rewind, since it only has the chapter skip buttons on it, if you look at the pic u will see this.

12. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

On a lot of remotes with only the chapter skip button, if you hold it down instead of directly releasing they will fast forward. This has worked on a couple I have, and might be the case with this one as well. Give it a Try.

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, thats what i was thinking, but it seemed to just chapter skip on me. maybe i didnt hold down hard enough or something, ill give it another check later when i watch another movie. I much prefer remotes with sperate buttons for chapter skip and fast forward.

14. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I love my Sony DVP-CX985V as it has Scan slow, Instant replay, chapter, and search step, Also as individual buttons choises for forward or back. I would never go to a universial remote for this unit. The Remote for the Kenwood I have is a Universal for up to 10 separate compontents. But some componets require their spefically designed remotes.

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Found all the functions i could dream of for operating the DVD. Its in the LCD screen fucntion - there are 4 pages of bottoms...

16. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Have you covered the touch screen with butter yet? I don't think I like the idea of touch pannel when movie watching. I just imagine it covered with carmel, butter, whiskey or milk after a couple of days.
    Any reported problems out there with touch screens?

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Mine doesnt have the touch screen, there are buttons beside the LCD screen that allow you to select what it on the screen. Refer back to the pciture on the Marantz RC1400....