1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My I/O Magic burner died, I need a new one.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by scuuder3, Mar 22, 2005.

1. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

I bought an 8x external I/O Magic burner from a friend. I backed up about 30 movies just fine, now it gets stuck on every burn. I guess a need a new burner. can anyone tell me the best external burner to get for the least money. it has to be external becuase i burn with my laptop.

any links would be great. i really don't burn faster than 4x so that would be fine.
    thanks!

2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

How do you mean it gets stuck? Does it start to burn and then hang up? Does it burn at all? What programs are you using? Is it the same with every program? Have you tried cleaning it? It could be many things. If you have to buy a new DVD buner you could keep your external case and put a new internal drive into it which might save you a little money. DVD burners are getting very inexpensive so it shouldn't be to hard to decide.
    Good Luck,
    HW.

3. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

I use Nero to burn dvd's. it starts to burn then it hangs. it varies how long it burns before it hangs.

I have only tried Nero, what other program can I uses to try to burn?

how can I clean it?

Thanks

4. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

I just tried CopytoDVD software and it worked fine, Nero stopped working after I updated it, so I took it off and reinstalled it the original and it still won't work, it ends up hanging.

I really like Nero can anyone tell me how to fix it.

thanks

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Make sure you get rid of nero entirely. Use the nero clean tool: http://ww2.nero.com/us/Nero_6_Clean_Tool.html

Now download nero again,make sure you don't download the "IN-CD" packet. This will cause some problems.

I love nero,but it can be finicky. That's why I stick with my oem version.

Do you have any roxio software on your pc?

You can also use dvd decrypter to burn. It's free and a very good ripper also.

What's the brand name/speed/ and format of your blank media?

It could be something simple,if you haven't burned a ton of dvd's with it.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  6. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

I am using TY media from supermediastore. I have burned about 40 DVDs successfully until this problem.

the speed of the media is 4x but it can burn at 8x. i only burn at 4x though.

i will try the nero clean tool, and reinstall.

i hope it works again.

what is the opionion of the copytodvd software.