1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my internet keeps disconnecting

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by FrankC1, Dec 7, 2007.

1. FrankC1

FrankC1 Member

I don't know why, but my Internet would occsionally disconnect for about 1~3 mintues, and then reconnects. There isn't really a pattern, sometime it does that a couple of times a day, while sometime it doesn't happen for days. Its just that everytime that happenes, I get disconnected from my Warcraft 3 games, which really pisses me and my friends off. Anyone knows why this happens? I have a DSL connection, a router, and use Windows XP.

2. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

First call your ISP tech support.
    The problem your experiencing can be caused by several things.
    Does this problem occur only while your playing Internet connected games? Or while your surfing the Internet. Is the game on a CD/DVD, or on your HDD? What brand and model computer? What OS? What ISP?

3. FrankC1

FrankC1 Member

I called my ISP tech support, and they instructed me to reset the modem, which didn't help at all. They have no idea of what else to do. This problem does not only occur while I'm playing Internet connected games and it also happenes while I surf the Internet. My OS is Windows XP. ISP is Bell Sympatico (Canada).

4. jboyle

jboyle Regular member

try ur wireless settings.refresh them it mite work

5. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

I should of known what the Clueless Droids at the 24 hour help center would say. LOL
    These intermittent problems are the worst to diagnose. Defective Modem, Internet interruption(Poor Service), check all connections, condition of wiring and plugs. Try hooking up a different computer for a day or two. Where does your DSL cable connect to on the computer, to a PCI card or directly to the motherboard? Have your phone company come out and test ALL their equipment. Jack, converter, modem, lines, etc. But, try another computer first before calling a phone tech in.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007