1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my M$ dash

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by OMGwhat, Mar 14, 2006.

1. OMGwhat

OMGwhat Member

I deleted my soft moded dash and my M$ dash got delete as well now I can't make new acconts or cancel them or go accont manigment. I have my hole C drive and E drive backed up and eeprom but I have no idea what to do.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

does it still boot normal games and did u delete your softmod saves?????

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

4. OMGwhat

OMGwhat Member

ok look my xbox can't go to the M$ dash it can play games but can't connect to xbox live and I can ftp into it.But when I boot it the modded dash I put back on is now gone it just has the same type as the run linux one now and it has no apps or anything how do I get my modded dash back and how do i get my ms dash back plz. Also I when to your link witch brought me to another link and it did not help me because I realy can't don't want to hotswap so if you can think of any other way I can fix this problem I would be greatfull. Also if I restore M$ dash I get error 13 now when I use to get error 21 I have no clue why.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  5. xXBMODSXx

xXBMODSXx Guest

ok turn your xbox off!, press the eject button put the game in and it shud connect.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you can try to load AID or SID disk. it may restore the ms dash.

YOU can also try to update the ms dash by loading a game which has dashupdate option. MOst of new games have it. REMEMBER UNPLUG THE ETHERNET CABLE. Then load the game and click on dashupdate. Hope it will restore the ms dash.

7. OMGwhat

OMGwhat Member

what do you mean mods? I can connect to xbox live now and load games and
    ftp but I can't get to neather dash it just goes to error 13. I have the C and E drive completely backed up can't I just fix it in that way with ftp?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

The error it gives is because of the incompatibility between the (older) dashboard (4920) that older slayer cd installs and the new dashboard/kernel versions found in some new xbox's and found in xbox's that have been connected to xbox live (when you go on xbox-live, it'll upgrade your dashboard file to i believe it is now 5659.03. This dasboard is incompatible with the dash that (old) slayer cd installs (for example 2.5 or lower) for you.

(In detail, in the eeprom chip there is a kernel which is incompatible with the dashboard (4920) that slayer installs.)

So what do you do to fix it? You can use the dashupdate found on most new xbox games! Be sure to 1st unplug your ethernet cable before you do so!!!

Besides that, just use a good installation disc and all is fine. Use a 2.6 slayer or something similar

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Maybe you have the old version of ms dash. Just update or install the new version of msdash.

10. OMGwhat

OMGwhat Member

Ok I got it back up my MS dash and modded dash thanx for the help. And it did say I need to upgrade my dash in the linux program when I tryed reinstalling it.

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Nice to hear that you got your xbox works again.

12. xXBMODSXx

xXBMODSXx Guest

good help return!

13. OMGwhat

OMGwhat Member

lol sorry im bak it is gone again it seems when i updated a part of my ms dash it got a error and is gone again lol :p and i am banned from live that might be why the update failed. So yeah ne way I also need help finding a good site that has a ata lockable 250gig h drive 4 a good price 2 thanx :)

14. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

I found a nice hitachi deskstar for like 90 (w/ rebate) try newegg also, the link is in my sig.

15. OMGwhat

OMGwhat Member

u have no link in ur sig?

16. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

meant to say my profile page srry buddy.

17. OMGwhat

OMGwhat Member

thats ok, But I found one that looks realy good need 2 know if it is xbox compatable have no idea how and it does not say it is lockable or not. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144701 and If you can help with my M$ dash also I whould realy appreesheate it. I know my spelling sucks...

18. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

That should work out great, there are some compatibility lists but they arent that current go for it.

19. OMGwhat

OMGwhat Member

ok then is there a tut someone can post plz for replacing my xbox h drive. It whould realy help never even opened my box for ne thing more than cleaning it.

20. sesko

sesko Regular member

first off, before you go changing hdd's , you do have your original eeprom backed up on your computer right?