1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My monitor display no video input

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by spamfiend, Jun 7, 2007.

1. spamfiend

spamfiend Member

I have just treated myself to a memory upgrade, and after running a system check from Crucial, I saw that my motherboard could be upgraded to 2gig. Seeing as though I only had 512mb, I bought a new memory stick today (PC3200 CL3 184 - pin DIMM) and got down to installing it.
    I did all the usual anti-static procedures after opening the case, put in the new memory and switched on the find a No Video Input message on the monitor. After reading a similar post on the forums I did what it advised there.
    I have reseated all the bits inside, checked all cables and reset the CMOS, but the same message appears. I am at a loss here as I cannot figure out why I have this problem. My monitor is okay, as I have tried it on another PC, and everything starts up okay when I turn the PC on. All the fans work and I can hear the hard drive kicking in, just no video input. Any help would be appreciated.

My system is 3ghz, (now)1.5 gig ddr ram, geforce fx5200 graphics card, all drivers up to date as well (graphics drivers etc) philips 170S monitor.

2. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

Ideas:

-Is there a power input on the gfx card that you may have unplugged and forgotten to plug back in?

-Is the gfx card completely in the slot?

-If yes to both of those, take the gfx card out and give it a whiff. Does it smell like something might have fried?

Also, is the card a PCI card? If so, you could try it in a different PCI slot in your computer.

--Moomoo2