1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My movie is pixelated!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by movie_777, Dec 5, 2003.

1. movie_777

movie_777 Member

I hope someone here can help.

I tried to back-up my copy of the Matrix onto a single DVD using DVD Copy Xpress. Everything went well, or so I thought until I slapped the Backup in my DVD player on the computer and my Playstation 2 and it was heavily pixelated. It was unbearable to watch. Has anyone experienced this and been able to fix it?

I called tech support and I installed the latest ASPI drivers, I set my DVD-RW to master, I uninstalled or disbaled possible conflicting software as told, and flashed my DVD-RW with the latest firmware and after all that I still had me pixelated movies. Any suggestions out there? I really like this software and I want to make it work.

Thank you in advance for your help.

My hardware:
    1.8GHz P4
    768M RAM
    Lite-On DVD-RW LDW-411S

2. rah

rah Member

Sounds like Way too much compression, dump DVD Xpress in the bin and download DVD Shrink, it's much more flexible.

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

i agree. the movie is over 2 hrs which means that the compression is pretty high. I think xcopy express doesn't use the full disc sometimes when it compress but i'm not sure.

if you want to continue to use xcopy, you will have to use regular (gold)and put the movie on 2 discs.

I would try shrink

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

As stated, over compression will cause that or cheap media too. If you used Express to do complete disc backup, try movie only backup. That will help compression problem if that is the cause. Then maybe try a good brand name media like Ritek. Also latest version of Express is 3.2.1
    Make sure you have this version Jerry

5. movie_777

movie_777 Member

Thank you so much guys. I will take your suggestions and try to correct the problem. I looked at the back of the disc and like yuedana suggested it looks like the complete disc was not used. By the way I am using Imation DV+R media. I will have to try the Ritek to see what happens.

Once again thank you.

6. movie_777

movie_777 Member

Today, I made a successful backup of the Matrix without any pixelation. However, it was using CloneDVD in hand with AnyDVD since I have not gotten any help from 321Studios. I will probably dump DVD X Copy.

One thing I did notice was with CloneDVD, is that when the movie was burned it used up the entire disc where as when I used DVD Copy Xpress I could tell part of the disc was not used. Therefore I have to believe that there is a heck of a lot compression going such that it leads to pixelation.

Thanks for all the help.

7. tnpfd

tnpfd Member

I just got through the list of "problem movies" on the http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/76 site, look here for a TDF file, maybe it will help. I am very new to this, but I had the same problem with Finding Nemo, and that is what I had to use to get it to work out with DVD X COPY Gold

8. movie_777

movie_777 Member

I'll try downloading the TDF file and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.