1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My MP3 player is driving me insane...any suggestions.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by pollo85, Apr 10, 2007.

1. pollo85

pollo85 Member

OK I have a RCA Flash MP3 player (2GB model number TH1032) and when i turn the player on, it stays on the RCA display screen and won't do anything else. I contacted support and they said that it might be because the memory is almost full and the player is slower than normal. Ok fine. I deleted all the files off of the player and it's still having the same problem. The screen just stays on the RCA logo and the light stays on and the only way it will turn off is if you take out the battery. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Is the firmware ok? Can you access the setup or system information check the firmware number and compare it to the lastest firmware on RCA's website download the latest version and flash the firmware. Sounds like your firmware is corrupt either way if you reflash the firmware it should reset everything to stock. This is assuming your batteries are good and you didnt break the device shock it get it wet etc. Dont let tech support give you the run around make them solve the problem.

3. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

in addition to checking the firmware, most mp3 players have a reset button on them somewhere, it worked with mine (different make and model though) when it was giving me the same kinda problem.

4. Katiesue

Katiesue Member

I'm having problems with my RCA MP3 player . When I turn it on it just flashes RCA and I can't turn it off or do anything. I just have to take the battery out.I have only 10 songs downloaded on it.What can I do to fix the problem.I was told there is no firmware for this model. Hope some one can help me.

5. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

see if there is a reset button, and if there is then push it and see what happens. the manual should tell you where it is.