1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my MS dash is gone... :(

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by hello222, Jun 27, 2006.

1. gus738

gus738 Guest

first of all throw away slayers and move on with aid 3 . and change evox to unleash x , did you always burned the games from xbox to hard drive with dvd2xbox latest buid?

and this isnt the proper thread

2. liquid101

liquid101 Member

wheres the prob threads then? ive allways burnt the games to disc before copying them with dvd2xbox to the hard drive. they did would fine about a week ago. before i did the 300 gb thing. using slayer 2.6

3. LnkinPrk6

LnkinPrk6 Regular member

your xbox isn't susposed to reconize a 300gig hardrive unless you do a bunch of xtra formating and you have 2 drives... like if you put all the space on the F drive it will only reconize 160 gigs of it and not the full 300 so if you want the full space you have to make a F and G drive and split them up.. i juss use xbhdd maker offa xbins it made it alot easyer with the unlocking/locking tool and you can add more drives that way to :p and plus you'll have all the files you had on your xbox before you upgraded the hdd

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  4. liquid101

liquid101 Member

i have formated the 300 gb to have different partions on it. as u can see on my first post i have f&g drive with 120 each. (abouts)

one thing is, on another post i ahve donethat some one has replied has told me that i should delet eevrthing in my e:/cache/ dir

do u think it would help me problems?

5. LnkinPrk6

LnkinPrk6 Regular member

do you have your eeprom file?

6. liquid101

liquid101 Member

yeh i have it on that hhdm cd (make a new xbox harddrive thing) or i can 2 just get it off my new hd via ftp or my old one via ftp

y?

7. gus738

gus738 Guest

bunch of newbies...

why would the eeprom matter? his xbox is working fine ... clering the cache does not fix it why? cuz its not a freezing/black screen issues...

i take it you downloaded it and ftped it to the xbox ...

it needs to be patched in order to run from the hard drive...

and i ALREADY explained what to do...

since you ignore me ( thinking i dont know what i am doing ) then good luck cuz this other guy seems to be no good or better then you lmao....

an xbox can be 300gb 200 500 w/e duh! on a softmod all you have to do is formate the F and G and your set ! on a chip you have to patch a certain bios...
    hence it easier on a softmoded one.

but thats not the issue

install unleash x update your dvd2xbox the latest build run the game from the drive burn it to the hard drive and try booting it from the game manager /list from dvd2xbox...

and evox sucks and its buggy on ftp and ir doesnt funtion 100% right...

so most likely i am 99% sure this has to be with those issues i just explaiend....

do that fix and report me back on results... you be happy!

8. liquid101

liquid101 Member

no mate,ive downloaded iso files of these games and put them on to dvdr and then used the latist version of dvd2xbox (7.6) to tranfer the game over. ive used this before and it has work fine before (played halflife 2 and completed it(crap ended, gd game)) now that iev done this 300 gb thing and formated my 300 gb so i have all my space on different partions, F and G.

i have a softmodded xbox runnign evox. so ill try and get unleashed and see if that help.

ill run through it again. when i run most games,(metal slug5,doa3 and need for speed most wanted, work fine) they start up fine, then after the intro videos and advert crap it gets to the "press start" screen. when start is pressed it either freezes up or gets about 30% of the load and stops. (depending on which game it is)

hopefully i have explained my self this time. if there is anything else u need to know. please ask. im slowign getting to grips with the whole xbox modding thing. so dont judge me just becuase im a newb. im only listerning to wat people say.

PEACE

9. gus738

gus738 Guest

thanks yep you explaiend it here

your E/cache need to be clear'd so you wont run into these issues...BUT evox does NOT have this option .... so that why another reason it sucks.. www.xbox-hq.com/html download aid 3 and the update pack burn it to a disc run it on xbox install unleash x ( and dvd2xbox if its newer then what you have) once you have installed ux come back n let me know...

not all iso's are patched so they get lock ups ie freezing in start menu black screens etc etc ...

10. liquid101

liquid101 Member

thanks mate. if i install unleashed, will i lost all my files on my F and G drive?

i really DONT want to format it ebcuase ive spend days slowy tranfering all my files across?

if i do and that is the easist way. just say becuase i jusat want to get this finish as soon as poss.

i wont bother making u answer this question now but after the game prob is sloved.

i've been having trouble ftp-ing XBMC (latist 360 version) to my pc, and also get it so it loads up XBMC as the first dashboard(when the small power on button is pushed). but if the disc open button is pressed it will go to the evox or unleashed dashboard.

can that be done?

like i said, i wont bother getting u to answer that question yet but if u have any knoledge about it, im looking forward to getting that done as well.

PEACE

11. gus738

gus738 Guest

you wont loose info your just reinstalling a dashboard....

what softmod did you do? did you do sid 4 or 4.5?

1 thing at a time bro , the ftp issue would commonly be fixed by chaing the hacked dash 's network settings from static to dhcp.

evox is very buggy so this is 1 of your reason ftping issues...

try n read my ftp tut see if it helps.. under my sig

12. LnkinPrk6

LnkinPrk6 Regular member

you have the hdd maker? juss reformat your hard drive that should fix it lol

13. gus738

gus738 Guest

yeah yeah hmm reformate hard drive erase all data install dvd2xbox n everyitn back and for what????? i dont see any errors the box is working fine ... what a noob!!! seriously..

n if he wanted to refmorate now that its in the box you just stick in aid 3 formate all AND B4 REBOOTING install ms dash as a primary dashboard so you dont end up with error code 21 ! n the box will be brand spaking new....

got lots to learn jr!

14. liquid101

liquid101 Member

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY

its all working again. thank you so much everyone for helping me. all my games working now and its all gd. i am in ur deat.

right, now for the final part of my xbox modding constuction.

1.making XBMC the main dashboard when the power button is pushed

2.making the evox or unleashed dashboard when eject button is pushed and dvd rom tray is left out.

3. and last but not least. getting XBMC to FTP to my computer.

15. gus738

gus738 Guest

see .... wasnt i right???? did we reformate anything???? nope nada 0 zipo... theirs always solutions no matter what the outcome is.

what softmod do you have? did you softmod installer deluxe 4 ? aka sid 4? or 4.5 or what did you do?

yes it matters on what softmod you have..

did you do single boot or dual boot?

16. ekim11

ekim11 Member

ok guys i need some serious help. My frend was being a idiot and thought he was doing stuff correctly and deleted a bunch of stuff and he deleted my ms dashbord and i go to halo 2 and i go to troubleshooot and error 21 pops up. anyone have any help for me so i can get xbob live working again?. If you do say it in the forum or AIM me at prosccr566. please ive gone with out xbox live for a long time!Do i have to buy a new xbox?

thanx

17. gus738

gus738 Guest

you WILL need AID 3 in www.xbox-hq.com/html its like slayers but SLAYERS IS OUT!!! .....

once you have aid 3 burnt 2 a dvd or cdr ( if it reads burned cdr music then cdr is good) run it on your xbox install ms dash as primary dashboard

and re softmoded with SID 4.0 or 4.5 so you WILL NOT get ban...

and what softmod did you had?

[bold]ADDED [/bold] ekim11 NO AIM... talk here EDIT YOUR POST AND TELL ME what i asked. and yes i do know my shizz and no ur box isnt fudge up but do you play halo2 n live mods????

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2006
  18. ekim11

ekim11 Member

Whats ur aim name?

19. ekim11

ekim11 Member

Yo gus whats ur aim name? please help me. it sounds like ur mad good at that stuff so it would really help if u can give ur aol name to me! thanx and is my xbox broken gus?

20. ekim11

ekim11 Member

i dont mod i tried to but it never worked and my frend deleted stuff and i dont have live working only split screen