1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Build Cheap Gaming Machine

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by miyavi, Apr 25, 2008.

1. miyavi

miyavi Member

i dont have a camera, can i take screen shots?

2. miyavi

miyavi Member

i usually just overclock in my bios but i will download this for ad

3. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

open up cpuz and go to the about tab. then click validation. a windows will appear. first thing you do is save the file. then in the second area it will ask you to submit it. after you do that you will receive a url in your email. post that here to prove your overclock. or you can open up cpuz and then hit the print screen button(above the home and delete buttons). then open up paint and paste it. save the file then upload it to you after dawn profile. if you don't prove it everyone will think you are just lying.

also i just noticed, in your sig you say you have a 3870 x2 and in your first post you said a regular 3670. you might want to fix that

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Subscribed to see some proof of this overclocking miracle.

5. miyavi

miyavi Member

no it is correct, i also said in my monster, this was just a cheap build nothing more so it is correcy i do have a 38070 x2 and a regular both visiontek

6. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

ok. well have you worked on proving your oc yet. in my last post i have a link to download cpuz and instructions on how to validate.

7. miyavi

miyavi Member

heres my 5000+ file:///C:/Users/DAYWIN!!!/Documents/cpuz.htm also i just realiazed my memory, it says 400mhz, when its 800, is it a vista thing?

8. miyavi

miyavi Member

lol woops hold on a sec......i can only post twice every 3 mins.

9. miyavi

miyavi Member

10. miyavi

miyavi Member

n/m about the memory lol, i forgot about it being dual channel

11. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

ddr2= double data rate. you multiply 400 by 2 and you get 800. in your validation it said 390, so that is ddr2 780. i thought you said you had a 6400 be oc to 4.2ghz. you posted a 5000 be. post a validation for the 6400.

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Miyavi: Because newegg knows all? Give me a break they give a product 5 stars just because newegg shipped it a day early.
    The cheapest core 2 duo is faster than a midrange AMD before you overclock it.
    We all know you're talking out of your backside, give it a rest.

I take pride in the fact that I recommend people good products, and if someone goes around telling people that for gaming you should have an AMD CPU, that's all my hard work undone as people will start buying these underperforming wastes of cash again. For a rock bottom couple of hundred dollar build AMD have got some decent value stuff, but going for a Black edition CPU is ludicrous when you consider how many miles better the competition is.

13. miyavi

miyavi Member

awww man lol, i see what happened Im using a BE Vista ultimate, and i usualy dont use cpu z and i just oc in my bios and then check my properties, lol, and gues what it still say 4.3, but it is incorrect, lol vista just broke my heart, lmao awww man i feel like an idiot, well im sorry guys! I dont mean to argue amd vs intel its just, i dont know amd is my fav maybe its to be different, they have just always worked, I may be a new member but i have been going here for advice for several years now and I fully respect your advice! I agree its not the best, but i may have screwed up on the price range, hdd-89, cpu-89, case-59, video card-220, memory-90, fan 30 so around 700 not 900 lol theres a difference. Again guys Im sorry. I dont really like my 6400 i like the 5000 BE a lot better! It plays everything including crysis and assasins creed very well. There is no lag on AC or Black Site. I dont know why I dont like intels, but they seem to be doing good these days, I will check out the phenoms next year when they become stable! Thanks guys

14. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

always use cpuz to check your overclock. windows must be stupid because when you change the multi it still thinks it was the original. my e2200 with an 11x multi overclocked to 3.2 400x8. windows and core temp reported it at 400x11 for 4.4ghz.

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Ah well, that's not really Vista's fault, if you change your multiplier that's what happens, could happen with any OS. It's not something that's fooled me, but it is something I've spotted in the past.

I've never had any problems with AMD chips either, and I got a lot of good use out of them (heck, I'm still using one of them in my server). The fact of the matter is though, when you're buying a new CPU right now, there's no logic to buying an AMD, there really isn't.

As for Assassins Creed, your 6400+ is going to be significantly faster than his skt939 4200+, so will probably overcome the performance problems with the game. Nonetheless, for the same price I can buy a 6400+ Black Edition I can buy a Core 2 QUAD Q6600, and have £10 change. I'll even get a cooler too, albeit not a very good one.

16. miyavi

miyavi Member

I am not undoing your advice at all, Im just an AMD guy theres few of us but we will never change, and Intel has not always been the best....look at all the great amd cpus i mean look at the old T-bird great cpu! All I'm saying is that it is a good cpu for the price especially the 5000, As in for the price of 89 bucks(cpu) you can play assasins great with DX10 wonderfully, and it doesnt do so bad on Crysis either ( nothing out there runs that perfect not even the dual 6gig cpu that skull did) All im saying is it does what it was built to do and it will do it for I would say 3-4 years.....maybe less who knows...It plays games well and encodes even better. After all thats the main reason I built this one, to encode, and amd has that atleast. I apologize for putting your intel down, they're good.

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Intel CPUs did indeed used to be awful, and I used to make this same argument but with the roles reversed. Trouble is, all fanboyism does is lead to disappointment, I found that out the hard way with ATI. You have to keep your options open in an industry that moves so fast.
    As for the $90 CPU, all I can say is look at the E2200. That's a superb CPU and overclocks superbly, which the 5000+ needless to say doesn't.

Oh and by the way, I get the same score in Crysis with a 3.15Ghz Duo as someone does with a 3.7Ghz Quad using the same graphics setup. It's not the CPU you need for Crysis (well, not beyond a certain point anyway) it's the graphics.

18. miyavi

miyavi Member

They do give it a good rating for shipping, but there are some good reviews too. Anyways where do you get your products from, on new that cpu is 220.00 us currency.

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

20. miyavi

miyavi Member

not that this matter but the E2200 gets a 5.1 on vista and the 5000+ gets a 5.3, but its a good price I'll give it that, just not as good, even though it may overclock better, again wow that is a good deal!!!