1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new TSSTCorp TS-L632D drive is so slow

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by ahx63, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ahx63

ahx63 Member

I just bought a new Inspiron E1505 laptop and it came with a TSSTcorp TS-L632D dvd burner. The computer is running Windows Vista Business edition. I'm trying to backup a dvd I have, but the ripping is so slow. For my last burner, which was slow at first, I had to flash the drive. Is this something I need to do or is there another option? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any other info, please tell me where to find it and I'll get back to you. Thanks!

2. JVC

JVC Active member

If you flash the drive, on a new computer, you'll void your warranty. New computer should have Dell's newest firmware. You can check to see.

It also sounds like it could be in PIO mode. It needs to be in DMA mode. To ensure your drives are operating in DMA mode: (1) Control Panel, (2) System, (3) Goto the Hardware Tab, (4) Device Manager, (5) IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, (6) Right Click on Primary IDE Channel --> Properties, (7) Goto the Advanced Settings Tab, Make sure both drop down boxes say 'DMA if Available', Click OK,(8) Right Click on Seconady IDE Channel --> Properties, (9) Goto the Advanced Settings Tab, Make sure both drop down boxes say 'DMA if Available', Click OK, (10) Reboot.
    Good luck!