1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My own Server

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by hypersoni, Mar 30, 2007.

1. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

How do I make my own server and all that will be connnected to by other people via IP and port number? I've seen it before with most proxies except I'm not trying to create a proxy, I'm trying to make my own kaillera game server. So how do I do it?

2. celebi10

celebi10 Guest

um...... the only network i made was in Rise Of Nations on Mac OS X and all I did was connected 2 macs with ethernet. 1 hosted and 1 joined by entering the IP of the other and it worked.

3. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

I don't think that is the same.:(

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

we've already had a few threads on this. basically, it comes down to hundreds to thousands of dollars a month in internet service, plus several server machines, a good server OS, and a crapload of protection systems. plus, you need to know all forms of networking inside and out.

5. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

I'm just going to be using it for 7 hours a day Mon-Fri. The server is more of a private server for me and my friends.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member